in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-13-2012 9:33 AM by Daniel. 111 replies.
Page 2 of 5 (112 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-10-2012 7:24 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Re: Beo Play

Hmmm (he said in a slightly underwhelmed way)!Erm

The functionality may be fine but I don't like the design at all - it looks like a wartime lunchbox or gasmask case! I hope this isn't the start of a family of similarly designed product. Having bored many a friend banging on about B&O design they 'll be pleased to know I won't be bothering them with this.

One review site called it "B&O gets Unsexy", seems about right!Sad

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 01-10-2012 7:29 AM In reply to

I am also a big Soptify fan (since I have an old account, I do not need to do this facebook-connecting-bullshit). The Beolit 12 actually looks quite interesting, and I am a BIG FAN of Airplay - use it with my Zeppelin all the time.

However, that B&O apparently is unable to program a well-designed website is more than depressing for me. It's just awful. And when you click on Support undthen the first "USER MANUAL" button, at least for me it started downloadung 4 (four!!!) pdf-files with Guaratee and all. Gosh, it's all so unprpfessional for a worldwide brand. (And do not get me started on the original website, in my eyes an outdated desaster. They should hire the design firm, that did the design for Lee's homepage, quite honestly.

• 01-10-2012 7:38 AM In reply to

folkdeejay:

It must be a generation thing.

Well I'm 46 in a couple of weeks, so I'm not sure about that.

I'm 63 so I'm another generation down the line!

I still buy my music on CD and rip to my computer where necessary.

I predict that this thing will rapidly get dented and look like something only fit for the scrapheap.

The design reminds me of the 60's makeup/weekend case that the girls used for "overnights" away!!Wink

Just because Tue thinks it is a good idea, we don't all have to fall in love with it. I don't work for B&O, He can't sack me!!

Regards Graham

• 01-10-2012 8:06 AM In reply to

So it seems that B&O has lincensed AirPlay... My "dreamspeaker" would be a BeoLab 3500 with Airplay... If only...

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 01-10-2012 9:05 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

I'm with Mika regarding the website. Even on decent computers, the content makes it a struggle. I would be happy if they just went back one step to the slide shows, I sort of miss them! Laughing Enough with ridiculous content overload - its not funny anymore.

As far as BeoPlay, I'll give them credit for launching an all new website. Its not an easy process, I'm sure they will refine it quickly. I have no problem with that. What I was hoping for was more than just ONE product at launch. 

As for the BeoLit 12, its aimed right at me and my generation but sadly I can't see myself using it enough to justify it for myself. I really don't know what I would do with it. I don't use airplay, I don't use spotify and I listen to my iPod at least 4 hrs a day as it is, why would I continue at home? The biggest decider, if anything, would be the sound. The website is giving me some bad indications that it will 'cater' to my bassaholic generation. I certainly hope this is false. 

Speaking of sound - where are the specs??? Numbers Denmark, numbers!!!

That thing looks amazing regardless!!!

Evan

• 01-10-2012 9:17 AM In reply to

• mhw
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-29-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 207
    • Gold Member

Evan:

Speaking of sound - where are the specs??? Numbers Denmark, numbers!!!

They are on the BeoPlay site; HERE.

Price info:

With a recommended consumer price of EUR 699 in Europe and $799 in the USA, the Beolit 12 is the most affordable sound system from Bang & Olufsen in many years, and therefore the company believes its sales volume will surpass the ever-popular BeoSound 8 figures.

• 01-10-2012 9:39 AM In reply to

joeyboygolf:
    The design reminds me of the 60's makeup/weekend case that the girls used for "overnights" away!!

I thought the Little Red Ridinghood clip made it clear it was modelled on an overnight case Wink

No woman (not even LRR) could exist for a weekend with a case that small Laughing

PS there are four announcements in the http://www.bang-olufsen.com/newsroom

1. BeoLit 12
    2. BeoPlay brand
    3. BeoLab 12
    4. BeoVision 12

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-10-2012 10:13 AM In reply to

elephant:

joeyboygolf:
    The design reminds me of the 60's makeup/weekend case that the girls used for "overnights" away!!

No woman (not even LRR) could exist for a weekend with a case that small Laughing

I can assure you that they did!!

Regards Graham

• 01-10-2012 12:57 PM In reply to

Hmmm... I like it.

Having used a pair of Acoustic Research wireless speakers, the older version OF THIS around the house and outdoors on the patio for about five years... 

At no time did we ever feed anything but iTunes to them -and at the hindrance of a running server, consumed Airport Express(es), transmitters, wall warts, wiring, and just plain ugliness -this new gadget could be a welcome replacement.

I look forward to filling the top with dip and pretzels and jamming away in the coming sunshine of summer.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 01-10-2012 1:04 PM In reply to

Well I think this is a super little product. Lee and I saw a prototype when in Struer last year and were impressed at the time. I thing it will become available in various colours and I think it is specifically designed to appeal to women. However I can see a place for it in many homes.

• 01-10-2012 1:05 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Tue says "Once people listen to their portable music through the Beolit 12, they will wonder why they ever did it any other way” 

Sure, if they buy it! $799 is very expensive for a portable device, if you ask me. I can't imagine it selling in big numbers.

• 01-10-2012 1:07 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Peter:

Well I think this is a super little product. Lee and I saw a prototype when in Struer last year and were impressed at the time. I thing it will become available in various colours and I think it is specifically designed to appeal to women. However I can see a place for it in many homes.

Welcome back Peter! "Many"? At $799? Are you sure? :)

• 01-10-2012 1:32 PM In reply to

Now most people have seen high quality images. The next step is to listen to it. Even the pre-production units sounded fanstastic. If we were to put it behind a sheet, turn it up, and then ask how much it should cost I think most people would assume a BeoSound 8 price point and a much larger device. 

When the BeoSound 8 came out at $999 we all thought that even that was too high. Our customers proved us wrong. 

We're very excited to start selling this little thing. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 01-10-2012 1:33 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

mhw:
    They are on the BeoPlay site; HERE.

Class D digital amplifier with a total of 120 watts. 

2.1 stereo system with 
    2 x 2” tweeter and 1 x 4” woofer

I want one now!
    $799 in the USA
    On second thought...

Evan

• 01-10-2012 1:35 PM In reply to

well, if it's about £500, consider the alternatives.

Maybe this : http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.212-7441.aspx

Which is kind of more like a Bsnd 8 - but even then, I'd have one Bsnd 8 over two of these anytime.

I really like the Beolit 12 - and as stated before, it may actually finally tip me into buying an i-thing of some description.

• 01-10-2012 2:16 PM In reply to

Wasn't too excited about the first pictures, I don't like retro design in general but this looks actually quite nice. Although I would have liked more aluminum and less rubber. Yes I know the rubber will protect it from scratches, but I don't mind scratches on my Rimowa suitcase and briefcase either... Sure interested to see this one in the flesh.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 01-10-2012 2:33 PM In reply to

• Ryan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Toronto
    • Posts 29
    • Bronze Member

featured on Gizmodo today.

http://gizmodo.com/5874857/bang--olufsens-joins-the-airplay-party-with-the-beolit-12-wireless-speaker

I think it looks great, I will take one in silver with the natural leather handle. Perfect for going to a rental beach place.

• 01-10-2012 4:25 PM In reply to

The price of $800 seems ok for the Beolit 12 but the quoted prices for the BV12 and BL12 seems incredibly cheap for B&O??!
  • 01-10-2012 4:36 PM In reply to

moxxey:

Tue says "Once people listen to their portable music through the Beolit 12, they will wonder why they ever did it any other way” 

Sure, if they buy it! $799 is very expensive for a portable device, if you ask me. I can't imagine it selling in big numbers.

I may be in this minority of people who find this box ugly and unattractive... $799 for this thing ... Really ? Time will tell but this doesn't seem destined to become an icon of great design like the Beosound 9000 or the beolab 8000 ...

Weird looking box ... Ick!

• 01-10-2012 4:39 PM In reply to

• Toby
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-04-2010
    • Worthing
    • Posts 23
    • Gold Member

Wonder what other products will be in the Beoplay range?

Would be nice if they gave the beoplayer a face lift to go with the new range, make it more user friendly for those that have a large number of CD's burned onto the hard drive

• 01-10-2012 4:40 PM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

you know that with an apple TV and a Masterlink network you can do exactly what you want?

I have a BL3500 in my bathroom, an apple TV connected to my Beosystem 3 and use apple remote 

to control my BL3500

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 01-10-2012 5:25 PM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

Toby:

Wonder what other products will be in the Beoplay range?

A TV and an IPad dock.

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

• 01-10-2012 7:04 PM In reply to

• Yendys
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 100
    • Founder

I will reserve my opinions until I have seen, touched and heard the beolit 12 in the flesh, if it's great I have a spot for it

BV10, AvantDVD, BS3000, BL8000, BL6000, BL4000, BL3500, BeoPorts, BC9300, BC7002, CX100s, C75s, Beo4s, BC6000s, LC2s, A9, A8s,

• 01-10-2012 11:44 PM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

Looks quite nice (honest guv) Yes -  thumbs up

• 01-11-2012 12:37 AM In reply to

Sorry, it looks ugly for me !

Where is the past elegance ?

B&W Zeppelin is more attractive ! 

The stylish David Lewis Design is missing me !

Look at his last products BeoLab 12 and BeoVision 12... 

Page 2 of 5 (112 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >