in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-13-2012 9:33 AM by Daniel. 111 replies.
Page 1 of 5 (112 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-10-2012 4:16 AM

• 01-10-2012 4:35 AM In reply to

Re: Beo Play

launch video...

http://youtu.be/tjwNwtp543c

Smile

• 01-10-2012 4:38 AM In reply to

I love it!

Now, in a true Beoworld fashion, I'll start bitching (I'll let somebody else do the obligatory "price?" post, though).

B&O's web sites are generally the only ones that manage to kill my home computer. Do the always need to have some humongous video or Flash app in the way before letting me get the information I want? I'm sure these look good at the executive presentation with the browser in full screen mode, but please, try to understand the difference between TV commercials and the web.

And once you distill out the eye candy, there's very little text left. How hard is it to proof read it before release? (hint: "og" isn't English)

-mika

• 01-10-2012 4:54 AM In reply to

• mhw
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-29-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 207
    • Gold Member

tournedos:
    I love it!

Me too! It looks much better now then the previous images! I want one.

And agree about the website too. I see the thought behind it, but it's just  too flashy.

• 01-10-2012 4:55 AM In reply to

mhw:

tournedos:
    I love it!

Me too! It looks much better now then the previous images! 

+1

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-10-2012 5:12 AM In reply to

err!........am I alone here???  I don't get it.

Regards Graham

• 01-10-2012 5:18 AM In reply to

joeyboygolf:

might not be my cup of tea or even set of needs,

but I wish them the greatest of success 

and hope the brand survives and does not end up like the SAAB motorcars

website is now working 

http://www.beoplay.com/

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-10-2012 5:20 AM In reply to

Joey - Surely the idea is :

You may have areas that don't warrant a standalone system,  - or you go outside, but want some decent sound.

You already have a digital source - iphone/pad/player etc via airplay...    or any other audio phone/player/device  via cable

So - you use the Blit 12 speaker to upgrade the cr@ppy sound from your portable device.

I don't get what you don't get ???

Or do you just not like/want it ?

• 01-10-2012 5:24 AM In reply to

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Recklinghausen, Germany
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

hmm... looks like a modern bread & butter box or an ammo box for me. It's ok, but nothing I would buy.

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK III, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 11, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoVision MX4000/MX7000 & BeoCom 4

Samsung UE40B7090, Samsung HT-WS1G, Technisat HD8-S, Sony PS3, Logitech PS3 IR-BT-Adapter & Lintronic TT455-RT-238

• 01-10-2012 5:30 AM In reply to

elephant:

joeyboygolf:

might not be my cup of tea or even set of needs,

but I wish them the greatest of success 

and hope the brand survives and does not end up like the SAAB motorcars

website is now working 

http://www.beoplay.com/

web site is umm interesting to navigate

(with Mac OSX you flick the "pages" up ... scrolling is not obvious)

there are about 12 or so panes of information below the opening pane

buried about 2/3rds of the way down is a "Little Red Ridinghood" clip advertising the bag/basket size utility of the design:

http://youtu.be/Ugoh1-0WJ7E 

• 01-10-2012 5:42 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Cannot open the website on an IPad(not a promising start when you consider the target audience) and to be honest, the advert is pointless. It's the sort of advert quality I would expect off The Apprentice.

Will wait and see it in the flesh.

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 01-10-2012 5:47 AM In reply to

• Toby
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-04-2010
    • Worthing
    • Posts 23
    • Gold Member

Can not open the website.

What are the specs? Is it basically a new beosound 8?

As for looks, it looks new and innovative and not like anything else on the market

• 01-10-2012 5:50 AM In reply to

I'm not that fond of anything that is/looks "vintage" (but that's a pure personal opinion... I know enough people who adore anything vintage-ish)... so.. have to see/hear/feel it in the flesh.

The BeoPlay website not being viewable on an  iPad/iPhone: missed opportunity and a major mistake of the Webteam!!!!! *clicking on the Don't Like button* 

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 01-10-2012 5:53 AM In reply to

folkdeejay:

Joey - Surely the idea is :

You may have areas that don't warrant a standalone system,  - or you go outside, but want some decent sound.

You already have a digital source - iphone/pad/player etc via airplay...    or any other audio phone/player/device  via cable

So - you use the Blit 12 speaker to upgrade the cr@ppy sound from your portable device.

I don't get what you don't get ???

Or do you just not like/want it ?

First, I don't own an iPod and have only just got used to the idea of digital music on my computer, all lossless to maintain the quality.

Why would I want to have a device that amplified lower quality music reproduction. It would certainly annoy me and if I took it outside, would annoy my neighbours!!

It must be a generation thing.

Regards Graham

• 01-10-2012 5:54 AM In reply to

Well, I like it.

Now I ( well, Apple ) only need to get that Airplay thing up and running from my Apple TV 1G. :-)

Just a quick update on that. The BV12 as well as some new speakers will be announced today as well.

http://www.bang-olufsen.de/Userfiles/File/Investors/BO_1114_FUK.pdf

Beo Time, A8, EarSet3i, EarSet2, BC2, BC6, BL3, BL11, Apple TV1, BEO Ballpen, BL2000, BL3500

Christmas 2010 Prize Draw 1st winner. BeoSound 9000 Mk3 

Thank you

• 01-10-2012 6:11 AM In reply to

My first thoughts:

The good

+ They do something. Company and brand are alive and moving. (Biggest plus to me!)

+ At least they start working with new designers (Cecilie Manz in this case). Try something new, get fresh inputs.

+ Product seems addressed to a new, younger, less well-financed market. Probably more appealing to women. Maybe a good thing.

+ They give a face to the brand (as Jobs to Apple). Tue is sweet.

The bad

- To late. Think of X-mas. Product line even with the delay still not complete. Only one colour to date. Colour options are key features of the brand.

- Homepage / navigation is a mess. Missed chance. Come on, building an airplay product targeted at the apple crowd and advertising it with a flash page? You can´t be serious. Even Adobe ceases development of mobile flash last November!

- My personal opinion: I hate the design. Way to feminine to me. I really love some of Cecilie Manz's designs (think of her work for Holmegaard or Muuto). But the basket-approach of the Beolit does nothing for me. Even the iPhone laying on top of the Beolit looks strange. If there wasn´t the logo on the product I wouldn´t identify it as a B&O item.

.b

• 01-10-2012 6:16 AM In reply to

beoberlin:

My first thoughts:

- My personal opinion: I hate the design. Way to feminine to me. I really love some of Cecilie Manz's designs (think of her work for Holmegaard or Muuto). But the basket-approach of the Beolit does nothing for me. Even the iPhone laying on top of the Beolit looks strange. If there wasn´t the logo on the product I wouldn´t identify it as a B&O item.

.b

no because it´s the Beo Play new design line; -).....mix of new and old B&O design...
  • 01-10-2012 6:20 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Like the new Beolit (prefer the version with the brown handle), love the new website.

Only small moan/mention is that I'm getting a bit sick of seeing Tue introduce everything, everywhere! Haven't they got anyone else they can roll out? A Jonny Ive type character or someone else to discuss design or, perhaps, functionality?

One question....do you have to put your iPhone on it to control? ie. can't it connect wirelessly or via Bluetooth from another location in your room?

EDIT: it has AirPlay support! Great!

• 01-10-2012 6:20 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Having products which are primarily aimed at women is very sensible, this unfortunately is not going to be one of them. My wife who loves B&O products thinks its a car battery with a condescending basket strap.

Youtube has a couple of videos on the Beolit 12. Iif your feeling slightly let down or annoyed by todays release, don't watch the "setup video". There Is a more technical video which is more promising.

Still get one.

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 01-10-2012 6:25 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

joeyboygolf:

Why would I want to have a device that amplified lower quality music reproduction. It would certainly annoy me and if I took it outside, would annoy my neighbours!!

Well, considering most modern music is designed for the "headphone generation", is quite compressed and quality is less of a concern, it's sadly something you're going to have to get used to.

If we go down the download-only route in a couple of years, we'll have zero choice anyhow. It's the kids driving the future production of music.

• 01-10-2012 6:26 AM In reply to

I must say that, once again, the official presentation makes the BeoLit 12 look way better than the leaked pictures from the FCC administration.Wink

After reading the user guide, well, I might end up buying one, or 2, this could be the perfect BeoLink speaker ! It can work either via wi-fi, or Ethernet, you can use your Beo4 or Beo6 with it, it is a 2.1 system, and not mono as I feared, it has a built-in battery & looks more versatile than a BeoSound 8, for instance, that is way too big to fit in a luggage when going abroad.

And the BeoPlayer app suddenly gets a new reason to be used..Smile

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 01-10-2012 6:26 AM In reply to

Well I'm 46 in a couple of weeks, so I'm not sure about that.

Also - I do not own an i-anything ( although thsi speaker might convicne me to finally get an i-phone - or maybe change my crappy netbook for an i-thing of some description.

BUT - I use Spotify many hours a day - via my home PC & link system mainly, but also on my Nokia.... could see a use there.

Plus, my link system is only in 4 rooms, so lots of chance to use a Beolit 12 indoors and out and about.

Sorry to jump on your post - but I just think its a good first step to launch a sub-brand to address new market areas, and don't see any need for really quite negative reactions simply because it doesn't suit an individuals own needs - thats like someone with no LP's slagging off soundsmith for selling £300 'needles'

• 01-10-2012 7:06 AM In reply to

• BillC
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2007
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

This looks very promising, in fact once I get my hands on a real sample I think there's a very good chance its going home with me Big Smile It looks far better than the leaks

I wonder whether the audio quality is as good as BeoSound 8, if its close to it then this is a no brainer. Its nice to be able to carry around a nice speaker for picnics and traveling. 

The line in is also great feature, at least I can hook up a portable DAB+ radio to it (pity digital radio isnt built in but I understand why)

Page 1 of 5 (112 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >