in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-03-2012 8:30 PM by Steffen. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-09-2012 4:44 PM

• Tomvdw
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 109
    • Founder

Beolab 5000 wanted

Hi guys,

the next step to fullfill my B&O collection will be to buy a pair Beolab 5000. So if anybody of BeoWorld fellows want to sell his pair of grey ones, please let me know. I would prefer the 220 V version to use them in Germany - including wall brackets ;-)

Thanks and kind Regards

Tom

Filed under:
  • 01-09-2012 5:30 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Beolab 5000 wanted

Well...

I have a personal pair, in grey, that were delivered to a Doctor in London - placed on his wall by the B&O installer, stayed there for 3 hours until his wife got home who 'disapproved' - then were taken down by the dealer the next day, wrapped in duvets and placed under a bed in his spare room and didn't move until i bought them 5 years ago.

Since then, i've wrapped them in bubble wrap and cardboard and tucked them in a quiet corner of my warehouse - but i'm beginning to realise i'll probably never use them..

They may be for sale, but it'd take an epic offer to part me from them..  I do love them to bits, but sometimes you have to get real.

Lee

Erm

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 02-03-2012 8:30 PM In reply to

Re: Beolab 5000 wanted

Oh My... That Doctor is such a wimp! That is one of the reasons, I'm not married... I live with a wonderful woman -and have done it for years now. But if she ever started complaining over some new B&O, I've bought -then she would be told to accept it, or leave. (Like I accept some of her 'quirks') Wink
    In a relationship there should be room for both of you -but I have seen too many times, that the man just bow his head and say "yes maam".
    And then suddently she decides everything -about the interior of the house, what car you drive -even the clothes you wear...then you've become the ultimate zero. And then she leaves you because you're such a sissy... 

Hmm -I guess this has become a bit off topic...but I couldn't help it Whistle
    To get back on the track - I have a pair of BL 5000's. Wonderful speakers -and I won't sell them.

I hope you find a nice set -maybe Lee's..? Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)