in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-09-2012 4:35 AM by joeyboygolf. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-07-2012 2:20 PM

• paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • dublin
    • Posts 130
    • Gold Member

beogram 6500 compatibility with my system?

Hi, This might seem a bit of a dumb question to the more technically advanced, but I will ask it anyway!

I am thinking of buying  a Beogram 6500, 4500 or 7000 (all of which Im told have a built in RIAA pre- amp?).

how does this hook this up to my system??? ....is it tru the TV  (BeoV 7-40 Mk111) or tru my CD (Beosound 9000). Resaon I ask is the cabling for the  BeoSound 9000 is pretty much plastered into the wall over the fireplace and i dont fancy ripping that wall apart (again!!!).

im assuming it cannot be directly connected to my  BeoLab 5's ??? (u see...technically illiterate!!!)

Also, any idea how much i can expect to pay  for a good MMC stylus and any recommendations on what MMC is best for the beograms I am considering buying???

Anyway, id really appreciate  some advice and direction before I commit to buying a Beogram Big Smile

Thanks and also....happy NewYear to all Beoworldies.

Paul in Dublin

BeoVision 7-40 MKIV with BeoLab 7-4 Vertical speaker, BeoSound 9000 CD/Tuner, Speakers are a pair of  BeoLab 5 in Black with a pair of BeoLab 4000 as rear speakers, and in bedroom BeoCentre 6-26 with BeoLab 8000's. Both the Kitchen and bathroom have Beolab3500's. BeoCom 2 and BeoCom 5 phones. Beo 6 and Beo4 remotes. LATEST ADDITION: Beogram 7000 with MMC2 stylus....

• 01-07-2012 3:31 PM In reply to

Re: beogram 6500 compatibility with my system?

The Beogram would need to plug into the AUX socket on the Beosound 9000.

The MMC range of cartridges are no longer made by B&O. They are manufactured, under license, by www.sound-smith.com in the USA

For "reasonable" money you have the choice of new SMMC4 from the above company or a refurbished original by www.schallplattennadeln.de which would be cheaper. The refurbished models are excellent value for money.

The turntables that you are considering were originaly supplied with the higher quality MMC2 . The SMMC2 and refurbished originals are more expensive than the equivalent cheaper MMC4 varients but you may or may not be able to tell the difference!!

I usually supply my serviced B&O turntables with a refurbished MMC2.

The SMMC4 is currently priced at $199 plus shipping and taxes while the refurbished MMC4 is priced at 99 Euros

Regards Graham

• 01-09-2012 3:44 AM In reply to

• paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • dublin
    • Posts 130
    • Gold Member

Hi thanks for the good info!

much appreciated

i assume you are part of Stemma in Ely? I see you have anice  Beogram 7000 for sale.

(B&O Bang Olufsen Beogram 7000 Tangential Turntable includes "new" MMC2)

just as a metter of interest, what cables would I need to attach this 7000 to my beosound 9000? (after i rip my walls apart! again!)  I guess I need a cable about 3 metres long...are these available ??

Paul

BeoVision 7-40 MKIV with BeoLab 7-4 Vertical speaker, BeoSound 9000 CD/Tuner, Speakers are a pair of  BeoLab 5 in Black with a pair of BeoLab 4000 as rear speakers, and in bedroom BeoCentre 6-26 with BeoLab 8000's. Both the Kitchen and bathroom have Beolab3500's. BeoCom 2 and BeoCom 5 phones. Beo 6 and Beo4 remotes. LATEST ADDITION: Beogram 7000 with MMC2 stylus....

• 01-09-2012 4:35 AM In reply to

paul:

Hi thanks for the good info!

much appreciated

i assume you are part of Stemma in Ely? I see you have anice  Beogram 7000 for sale.

(B&O Bang Olufsen Beogram 7000 Tangential Turntable includes "new" MMC2)

just as a metter of interest, what cables would I need to attach this 7000 to my beosound 9000? (after i rip my walls apart! again!)  I guess I need a cable about 3 metres long...are these available ??

Paul

You are correct in your assumption and I do have a Beogram 7000 for sale. The forum rules do not allow me to advertise so that is as much as I can say. Please send me a PM or email if you wish to discuss this or any of my other items for sale!

The interface cable is permanently fixed to the deck and is around 900mm long. In most installations it would plug directly into the AUX socket on the BS9000. I use an extension cable from steve@soundsheavenly.co.uk who advertises at the bottom of every forum page. He will custom make you a cable if required. Steve is highly recommended.

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)