in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-11-2012 11:57 AM by Beofan2. 39 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-08-2012 4:27 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Re: New products launch.

Beofan2:

moxxey:
    I heard a rumour it's more likely to be a Beovision 3 than 13. Who knows. I think the "13" moniker is just that.

We had a BeoVision 3 in the past, remember? My rumour says something different from the usual numbers.

Correct, but then B&O have resurrected old labels and assigned them to newer products. No reason why a BV3 can't be used again. Who knows, I'm just speculating. I just was surprised a bottom-of-the-range TV would have a version label above the 10 and 12. Maybe it will. We'll see I guess.

• 01-08-2012 4:33 PM In reply to

moxxey:

Will it really be called the Beovison 13? That suggests to me that this would be viewed as the "top of the range" TV. I heard a rumour it's more likely to be a Beovision 3 than 13. Who knows. I think the "13" moniker is just that.

I don't think it will be viewed as 'top of the range' because of the number. There is not much logic in the way B&O name (or numbers) their products. Think of the speakers: Beolab 5 is the top model, and then comes BL 9. The earlier top speaker was BL 1...Confused

• 01-09-2012 2:46 AM In reply to

MartinW:
    12-65 isn't a protruding speaker, or a very thin tv although it's as thin as any tv of this type should be IMHO, Moxxey is right, a tv that is very very thin doesn't really suit the B&O range of super picture & super sound. I for one would not be interested in a wafer thin tv - that's just basically a panel with a plug on the end. Where's the processor, psu, sound card, any quality components? If you want a tv to be so thin you can't see it, you could always recess it into the wall somehow. I like the fact there is some depth to my BV10, especially since it was a conscious decision to make it that way. Makes it more of a three dimensional feature.

didn't someone somewhere say that it has the standard separate BeoSystem 3 ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-09-2012 10:19 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

By tomorrow evening, we'll have idea of the new products:

10 - 11 AM
    Suite 35108, the Venetian
    Bang & Olufsen: Bang & Olufsen Product Unveilings and Media Briefing *INVITATION ONLY*

Is anyone here going to this product launch tomorrow? Mind you, if it's invitation only, I wonder if they'll have to sign NDAs.

• 01-09-2012 11:38 AM In reply to

moxxey:

Is anyone here going to this product launch tomorrow? Mind you, if it's invitation only, I wonder if they'll have to sign NDAs.

I'll try to post this again as it appears the server ate it up the first time around.

It sort of defeats the objective if you invite the world's media to tell them something and then tell them they are not supposed to tell anyone else. 

They may impose an embargo on the press release until all the events are over, but I doubt it.

Tim

• 01-09-2012 12:22 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Sevilsivle:

It sort of defeats the objective if you invite the world's media to tell them something and then tell them they are not supposed to tell anyone else. 

No, not at all. We get press people come to our offices all the time to announce new products, but make us sign an NDA telling us when we can discuss the (new) products.

That might happen at the B&O invitation-only event tomorrow - I mean we might not find out about the long awaited products after all if they have to sign NDAs. We'll see.

• 01-09-2012 12:44 PM In reply to

As I said an embargo i.e. disclosure at a later date is possible but unlikely. 

Tim

• 01-09-2012 1:59 PM In reply to

Hi !

On the website, BEOPLAY is avaible...But nothing happens when I click on it !

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/

http://www.beoplay.com/

Maybe tomorrow?

• 01-09-2012 4:38 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Sevilsivle:

As I said an embargo i.e. disclosure at a later date is possible but unlikely. 

Which is an NDA and exactly what I said in the original post! LOL.

• 01-11-2012 3:25 AM In reply to

One thing I don't understand in B&O PR/marketing depts, is that they stay silent during one month (nothing in the news section since 10/12/11), and then release 4 PR announcements with 3 new products in one day (yesterday)..Are we going to have to wait for another month for the press release about BeoPlay online store being operational?Big Smile

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 01-11-2012 5:01 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Chrisreunion:

One thing I don't understand in B&O PR/marketing depts, is that they stay silent during one month (nothing in the news section since 10/12/11), and then release 4 PR announcements with 3 new products in one day (yesterday)..Are we going to have to wait for another month for the press release about BeoPlay online store being operational?Big Smile

And I wish they'd learn to make things available as soon as they are announced - we should be able to walk in to stores today to see the Beolit 12 etc. Dealers should have had them already, announcement made, available in stores today.

Instead, announcement out, website looks good and, by the time it's available, 60% of the non-B&O customerbase will have forgotten about it. What's the point of announcing something to the mass market, then saying it's out in February?

• 01-11-2012 5:31 AM In reply to

Moxxey - I assume its all about launching at the annual CES in the US - maybe lead times from the supplier has been an issue.

I am sure they were aiming at the availability you describe - ity would be mad not to - in fact, I think they were aiming for Christmas at one point.

• 01-11-2012 5:31 AM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

It's just that B&O is not a big brand that can make a press event for all the press.

So they choose to go at THE BIGGEST TECH EVENT (the CES in Las Vegas) to show the new products to a maximum of press people. Even if it's not available today.

Concerning the Beolit 12, we have seen here that special promotional papers where mentioning it befor Christmas. As usual, the release is at least 2 month to late... It seems that they struggle to get quality products on time Sad

EDIT : folkdeejay, you replied faster than me Surprise

• 01-11-2012 11:29 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:

And I wish they'd learn to make things available as soon as they are announced - we should be able to walk in to stores today to see the Beolit 12 etc. Dealers should have had them already, announcement made, available in stores today.

Instead, announcement out, website looks good and, by the time it's available, 60% of the non-B&O customerbase will have forgotten about it. What's the point of announcing something to the mass market, then saying it's out in February?

I'm happy to say we'll have our first batch on Monday ... hopefully Friday even!  Once those are sold through we'll have another larger shipment coming in within about 10 days.

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 01-11-2012 11:57 AM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

mbee:
    Even if it's not available today.

Lucky me Smile Danish dealers recieved it today. Think rest of EU will have it by the end of this week, according to the dealer.

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2