in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-28-2012 5:00 AM by chartz. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-04-2012 7:21 AM

• riis
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 152
    • Bronze Member

Beogram 4002 lid problem

I'm refurbishing a Beogram 4002 and I need to remove the lid. I know it can be done, but I don't know how................Confused

/riis

• 01-04-2012 8:00 AM In reply to

Re: Beogram 4002 lid problem

Hi,

I'm assuming you want to remove the whole lid assembly, including the spring-loaded element

There are two screws,  about 1.2 cms across, located on the bottom of the turntable in the rear corners.  You will need to rest the turntable on a table or some other solid support so that the rear section overhangs by 5 cms or so to allow access to the screws. 

Loosen the screws a little - half a turn or so.

Lift the turntable lid and at the extremes of the back plate there are the locking bushes for the two screws. 

Keeping a finger on one of the bushes so it doesn't move, loosen the relevant screw so that the bush is raised a little - maybe 4-5 mm. 

Repeat the process for the other screw and its bush. 

You should now be able to slide the complete cover assembly back and away from the turntable body.

Hope that helps

Cleve

• 01-04-2012 8:23 AM In reply to

• riis
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-01-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 152
    • Bronze Member

Cleviebaby:
    I'm assuming you want to remove the whole lid assembly, including the spring-loaded element

No, I want to remove the acrylic part from the spring-loaded element.

/riis

• 02-25-2012 1:12 PM In reply to

You need to remove part of the aluminium strip at both sides. Behind that there are 2 screws. Be carefull though, the plastic cover at that area can easily break.

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-25-2012 7:29 PM In reply to

Realize that the metal strip has a pretty strong glue securing it to the plastic and you will most like cause some bends in the strip. This is even if you are only bending it enough from each end to expose the screws. So I wouldn't remove the complete strip at all. If you look carefully you can see the bends in the strip in Leslie's image. I don't mean the soft curve after the printed "Beogram 6000" but what looks like reflections in the middle part of the strip, they are actually small crease like lines. Also you have to be careful the end part of the metal stripdoes not brealk off when you bend it up. I personally would not remove the strip at all if I did not have to. You may cause more damage than you can fix without replacing the whole lid.

John

• 02-26-2012 2:10 AM In reply to

jfrancis:

Realize that the metal strip has a pretty strong glue securing it to the plastic and you will most like cause some bends in the strip. This is even if you are only bending it enough from each end to expose the screws. So I wouldn't remove the complete strip at all. If you look carefully you can see the bends in the strip in Leslie's image. I don't mean the soft curve after the printed "Beogram 6000" but what looks like reflections in the middle part of the strip, they are actually small crease like lines. Also you have to be careful the end part of the metal stripdoes not brealk off when you bend it up. I personally would not remove the strip at all if I did not have to. You may cause more damage than you can fix without replacing the whole lid.

John

Well said John!

Reason why I had to take of the alum. strip was to make a complete new cover for my BG6000.

Gonna bring this damaged cover to my Acrylic supplier and ask how much it will cost to make a new one or do it my self (new project)Hmm

Can't be that difficult is it?

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-26-2012 7:30 AM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

It would be wonderful if someone would re-manufacture alu strips... 

Jacques

• 02-26-2012 1:47 PM In reply to

chartz:

It would be wonderful if someone would re-manufacture alu strips... 

We should look for a alum. strip that has about the same thickness and width. Then I could let them laser engraved for the text.

Beovirus? What's that?

• 02-27-2012 7:28 PM In reply to

I had one fabricated by someone here where I live out of brushed steel, but the brushed metal was thicker than the strip that came with the table. It is a matter of finding the correct gauge of metal by a fabricator who would go to the trouble of getting it. I am sure that the original strips had the text screened printed on them which could be done easily enough. The advantage of screen printing is that it is economical in small runs. I am not great with the electronic issues but do know a bit about printing and have a passion for getting the details right on the physical restoration. The designer in me.

John

• 02-28-2012 5:00 AM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

A picture perhaps? 

Jacques