in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-04-2012 2:07 AM by elephant. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-03-2012 1:06 PM

ipad2

Hi there apple experts.

I have a beovision10-40, my question is can i connect my ipad to my tv and play any films on my ipad through the tv

If so how is this done

many thanks

Malcolm

• 01-03-2012 1:15 PM In reply to

Re: ipad2

Hi Malcolm, yes, Apple sell an AV lead (£30) with the 30pin on one side and audio and video photo sockets on the other (called Composite lead)

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC748ZM/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjE

Alternatively, you can stream wirelessly from your iPad using Airplay to an Apple TV box (£89 amazon).

• 01-03-2012 1:20 PM In reply to

• madskp
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 111
    • Gold Member

There is also a 30 pin to HDMI adapter available from Apple 

• 01-03-2012 4:11 PM In reply to

• Karla
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-19-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

We use the AppleTV2 to connect the iPad2 through Airplay. It works very well for the television (Avant) and it also puts the audio through the ML. It is very easy to set up and use, and you do do not need to use any cables from the iPad2. 

• 01-03-2012 4:39 PM In reply to

Yes with a set up like the BV10, Id sincerely recommend the Apple TV option!!! Please you can stream your iTunes from a computer or Iphone etc!

• 01-03-2012 6:24 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Tod Daniel:

Yes with a set up like the BV10, Id sincerely recommend the Apple TV option!!! Please you can stream your iTunes from a computer or Iphone etc!

I too use this option. Far far easier than connecting (temporary) cables to your TV each time you want to connect the iPad! Simply get an Apple TV, connect this to your TV (via HDMI) and wirelessly stream content from your iPad via your Apple TV to your TV. You can move around the room doing this, control content, stream via masterlink and much more.

Like the person said above, you and also use your Apple TV to wirelessly find your iTunes library and stream audio from this to your Apple TV (or via the iPad). Only works with the iPad 2 though.

• 01-04-2012 2:07 AM In reply to

I also use the Apple TV Generation 2 (http://www.apple.com/appletv/#tv-overview) and it has all the advantages (no cables, use from your lap not X centimetres from the TV, pass iPad between family/friends/guests) listed as well as access to your home network (iTunes) as well as the Internet (YouTube) and iTunes store -- in our case we use the Beo4 for controlling the media selection but revert to the iPad for functions like searching since using the Beo4 to "mouse" around the alphabet is a pain (see image below).

appletv_2D00_youtube_2D00_search.jpg

moxxey:
    Like the person said above, you and also use your Apple TV to wirelessly find your iTunes library and stream audio from this to your Apple TV (or via the iPad). Only works with the iPad 2 though.

The only thing that I believe you need the iPad2 for is mirroring the display to the ATV2 ... BUT mirroring is not the same as playing content from the iPad, since I play audio and video content from my iPad1 to the ATV2 using these Apps either builtin to IOS5 or downloaded from iTunes:

• YouTube (builtin)
    • Videos (builtin, requires content to be on the iPad)
    • Photos (builtin, requires content to be on the iPad)
    • Music (builtin, requires content to be on the iPad, but can use Home Sharing to access music)
    • Remote (accesses your iTunes Home Sharing, http://www.apple.com/itunes/remote/)
    • PLEX (accesses your PLEX media server library)
    • EyeTV (accesses your EyeTV recordings)
    • VLC (less useful, requires the content to be stored on the iPad, and I think it has been discontinued)
    • BBC iPlayer, ABC iView (and I am sure there are many more)
    • BeoPlayer (and many alternatives to this, e.g. AccuRadio)
    • Last.FM
    Mirroring is useful if you want to play games on the iPad and have that appear on the big TV without using a cable -- for this you need iPad2.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)