in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-04-2012 1:17 PM by Nickyg63. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-03-2012 11:59 AM

• fishta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • London
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

Connecting non B&O Speakers to B&O TV

OK so after a little bit of help here guys, I have a BeoVision 7-40 MK5 and want to add surround sound. As much as I would love B&O speakers at this time I can't afford them. I currently have a BeoLab 7.2 which I love but I do want that little bit more from my system.

I have preeviously in other peoples set ups used Parasound Z Amp's for powering ceiling speakers, and just selected BeoVox 1 in the menu.

I have a spare Bose Sub & Satellite Speaker system lieing around which has phono inputs on it (the amp is in the sub) and I was thinking about connecting this up to my BeoVision 7-40 to give me L & R by using a DIN to phono cable, my question is though does any one know how this will sound and what speakers should I set the system up to be in the menu?

I should then be getting another similiar bose unit with bigger sub which I will then use as the fronts if succesful and move my current speaker/sub to the back for RL & RR.

If anyone has any thoughts/opinions on this your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

N

BeoVision 7-40 MkV

• 01-03-2012 12:56 PM In reply to

Re: Connecting non B&O Speakers to B&O TV

Hi, Get in touch with Steve from sounds heavenly his link is at the bottom of the page. I am confident that he can help, cheers Nick 

• 01-04-2012 3:25 AM In reply to

• fishta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • London
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for your reply, I have found the cable that I need on Steve's website so want to order them, but as they are quite expensive I want to make sure that they will be a worthwhile investment and if anyone has any experiences of doing similiar, otherwise I will be wasting £50...

BeoVision 7-40 MkV

• 01-04-2012 12:31 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Not a waste. Those cables will likely outlast the equipment!

Evan

• 01-04-2012 1:17 PM In reply to

Evan:
    Not a waste. Those cables will likely outlast the equipment!

I 2nd that, Steve cables and service is brilliant!!  Give him a call and you will assured of his quality, as his knowledge is vast!

• 01-04-2012 1:17 PM In reply to

Double post sorry!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)