in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-25-2012 10:18 AM by machineage. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-03-2012 11:11 AM

MX6000 Dead!

It's been coming for a while - and today it happened!

I've been hearing an arcing sound coming from the TV for a while now. Perhaps once every few days - a few small arcs which spiked the picture - then normality. However today it arced a few times and then died Lightning

I'm fairly competent with electronics and certainly competent with a soldering iron - so I thought I might give it a go to save it from the skip. I'm going to assume it's something around the LOT? Anyway - could anyone give me some pointers - tips etc?

The set is currently dead with no red standby led.

Thanks!

• 01-07-2012 2:00 AM In reply to

Re: MX6000 Dead!

Can anyone help? It's looking like a skip job alas.. [:'(]

• 01-07-2012 3:43 AM In reply to

• 01-07-2012 1:37 PM In reply to

Very common problem sir.There is a capacitor in the lopt stage that becomes dry jointed and arcs.This can eventually cause the lopt transistor to fail too,hence the dead set,as the psu shuts down.

Mail me for more info,if you are confident to repair,don't go there otherwise!!!

Nick

• 01-09-2012 4:44 AM In reply to

Thanks for the replies :-)

Well it's been powered down for a few days now - so I feel brave enough to venture inside Lightning

• 01-25-2012 10:18 AM In reply to

Party!!! [<:o)] Re: MX6000 Dead!

Immense thanks to Solderon29!

After some tennis messages - he correctly located the problem - which could be another common fault.

After checking all caps - and other components it was found that tr33 was shot. Having replaced this - and powered up - another arcing sound and the set then just displayed a vertical line in the middle of the screen. Solderon29 correctly suggested the fault would be on the horizontal scan coil pcb. You need to disconnect the connector - and carefully unclip the pcb and bend the pcb up to access the rear. As you can see below - the cause of the arcing - a burnt out joint. I cleaned the join - re-soldered and re-assemebled - et voila! I re-flowed the other joints as well whilst I was there.

Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

Huge thanks to Solderon29!!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)