in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-08-2012 3:52 PM by koning. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-03-2012 10:30 AM

Replaced BM5 Mainboad, but strange things happens!?

Hi and happy new year

I got the 2009 flaw Mainboard resulting in a dead BM5. My dealer have replaced it but I think its the same "old" type Mainboard - should I worry about that!?

I now experience that my Beosond 5 will not react on remote control, and it also comes to live when touching the selector dial (upper). I dismantled the BM5 and found that the mainboad was from 2008 and one screw on the mainboad was nok tightend. I tightend that one and put it all together and it reacted to the remote, but only for short.

Anybody experienced that. I will of couse bring it back to my dealer but I just want to hear your oppinion on this!

• 01-03-2012 10:34 AM In reply to

Re: Replaced BM5 Mainboad, but stange things happens!?

oh *** whats wrong with this company?

I'm waiting for my BM5 - sould arrive this week; same problem as yours Mic - so should I have to worry?

Regards Elmar

• 01-07-2012 5:03 AM In reply to

Happy New Year !

I also had my main board exchanged a month ago. I don't know what production year it has, but everything works fine. 

Besides listening to music, I use the BM5 for watching TV on the web, and I actually feel that there is far less fall outs after I got he new main board. Inamorata fairly certain that the things are not connected, but it feels like it. 

Trolle

• 01-07-2012 6:27 AM In reply to

• pf85
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

f5434964:

oh *** whats wrong with this company?

I'm waiting for my BM5 - sould arrive this week; same problem as yours Mic - so should I have to worry?

Regards Elmar

Nothing wrong in my view.

Bought BM 5 in Feb 2009, replaced Motherboard in May 2009, then once more in mid 2010. Since then, no issues. B&O was quick to react and fix on warranty both times.

• 01-07-2012 8:22 AM In reply to

The issue with no IR reception was as I was guessing myselves the power cable to BS5. It is a little weak so handle with care. I borrowed a cable at my dealer and things works fine now.

After the MB change, the look and feel is more smooth I think so thats nice. But my MB Bios is still 1.10 what is yours? 

The behaviour with BS5 coming alive by only touching the upper dial is still there, is this a new feature, do you guys experience this?

Michael

• 01-08-2012 6:10 AM In reply to

• pf85
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

MicTheCat:
    The behaviour with BS5 coming alive by only touching the upper dial is still there, is this a new feature, do you guys experience this?

Indeed, BS5 comes alive by touching upper dial. However, I don't recall if it ever was different. How can I check M/B Bios version ?

• 01-08-2012 6:44 AM In reply to

Ok then I am calm, I thought there still was  cable fault, in order to find MB Bios info:

Move the navigator arm to MODE and use the wheel O to highlight SETTINGS.

- On BeoSound 5, press: > < > > GO to activate ‘Service Configuration Menu’

In PRODUCT INFO see BM5 MB BIOS

• 01-08-2012 2:11 PM In reply to

• pf85
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

OK, thanks for the hint: checked, M/B Bios is 1.10.

Regarding touching the wheel:

It "wakes up" the display of the BS 5, however, it does not yet activate BV 7 or BS 3200 (in my configuration BS 5 is slave).

Then, when you select the source on BS 5, the system including speakers comes alive.

• 01-08-2012 3:52 PM In reply to

Bios 1.10 is that the latest version?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)