in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-05-2012 7:42 AM by joeyboygolf. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-02-2012 2:28 PM

• dsc8w
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-22-2007
    • Guildford
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

5500 system and the CD drawer not opening

Dear One and All.

Firstly 'Best wishes for 2012' to all Forum members.

About a couple of years ago I had reason to have my local B&O dealers to repair the CD player, with which the drawer of the player wouldn't open. You could hear it wherring but no opening. They duly repaired it and I suppose I did play a few cd's on it after that but not a great number of times was it used. This Xmas my sons gave me and the wife a few cd's as presents and when we tried to play them on the 5500 system, the same problem happened with much frustration.

My question is: is the CD player prone to this fault and is it likely that the work by the local dealer only a couple of years ago is covered by their Gaurantee as a similar problem has arisen in such a short time.

Secondly am I likely to be advised that the fault cannot be repaired. I recently read a forum blog from someone that suggested NOT to deal with local dealers for repairs, Where do you suggest I take things from hereon.

Regards

David in Guildford

• 01-02-2012 4:52 PM In reply to

Re: 5500 system and the CD drawer not opening

Possibly the rubber band driving the draw system has broken or come off the pulleys.

After two years, I would guess that there is little chance of a free repair under warranty!

Menber nobby (Neil Briffett) does repairs and he lives near you in Farnham. I suggest you send him a PM or email.

Regards Graham

• 01-02-2012 5:00 PM In reply to

• mediabobny
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Greenwich Village, NYC
    • Posts 336
    • Founder

It's a very common problem and a not too difficult do-it-yourself repair.  Member Dillen (Martin) can supply you with the belt and printed instructions.  Send him a PM.

• 01-03-2012 8:25 AM In reply to

• dsc8w
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-22-2007
    • Guildford
    • Posts 17
    • Bronze Member

Graham. Thanks for this message and perhaps you would be kind enough as to explain how I can get in touch with him either by email or snail mail etc.

Regards

David

• 01-03-2012 9:52 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

You can send Neil (nobby) an email via HERE

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 01-05-2012 7:42 AM In reply to

Thanks Stonk.

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)