in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-03-2012 1:52 PM by Jakobsen76. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-02-2012 12:46 PM

How do I install Beocom 6000 with pstn box ?

I have bought a used Beocom 6000 which comes with a pstn box. I have downloaded the manual from B&O website but I am still uncertain as to how I install the phone. I need a diagram for what goes where.

I have put the cable from the pstn box in the phone jack in the wall

I have put the cable from the phones triangular base into the mains in the wall

I would expect the phone to be able to connect with pstn box now - but it says it cannot find a signal. What am i doing wrong ?

regards

Jakobsen

• 01-02-2012 2:05 PM In reply to

Re: How do I install Beocom 6000 with pstn box ?

Download the userguide for "Beoline", on page 2 you will find a wiring diagram.

I hope you have also connected the Base to the mains? There is an indicator that shows the status of the base, what does it show?

• 01-02-2012 4:27 PM In reply to

Hi

Thanks for your speedy answer.

Yes I have connected the pstn box to mains and to the phone jack in the wall.

This is not the isdn version so the base has no indicator light - merely a button.

The manual does not have a wiring diagram - at least not the manual I have been able to find:

http://www.bang-olufsen.dk/UserFiles/File/ug/beocom6000/beocom6000_userguide_english.pdf

Problem is - the handset merely says "No signal". I have tried taking out the batteries from the handset and forced it to rescan, but to no avail.

I wish there was a way to check whether the base is actually working ...

Here is a picture of the base:

http://smalbro.dk/pic

• 01-02-2012 5:58 PM In reply to

This one maybe? There should be a little button on the PSTN base which you have to activate in order to connect with the Beocom handset.

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 01-03-2012 1:18 AM In reply to

The User Guide you are looking at is for the handset, I thought of this one: http://www.bang-olufsen.de/UserFiles/File/ug/BeoLine/BeoLine_userguide_multilanguage.pdf

But the base you have is an older model. Maybe it is the same as with the ISDN version I have, After plugging the base to the mains the base is open for 5 minutes to register handsets. Try to plug the base, switch on the handset and initiate the search process as described in the manual you already have. You should then see the park number from the label of your base in the display of the handset, accept with "OK" and everything should be fine.

Good luck!

• 01-03-2012 1:52 PM In reply to

HAH! Wiring the confounded thing correctly did the trick! I had put things wrongly together, so the links to the proper manuals was a great help! Thanks and may be 2012 be a good year to you all!

Best regards

Bjørn Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)