in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-25-2012 9:59 AM by Beobuddy. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-02-2012 12:11 PM

Beovision 9 / Beosystem 3 - snow / white noise - what could be the problem?

Since a few weeks my Beovision 9 screen shows after a while of watching (about 30 minutes) snow / white noise. The longer the TV works the more snow appears. Especially the very light / white colors within the movies causes it.

Unfortunately it is getting worse. In the beginning after turning of the television for a few hours it was gone and returned a few days later. Now it already returns a few hours later.

I guess the problem is the beosystem 3 and not the panel of the beovision9, correct?

What could cause the problem?

It cann't be bad reception, because I have the same problem with DVDs.

• 01-02-2012 2:02 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision 9 / Beosystem 3 - snow / white noise - what could be the problem?

My guess is that your going to have a faulty PSU board in your panel.

The brighter the images, the more power the panel uses. So probably a faulty PSU(power supply unit) board.

You could connect another panel/beamer to the second DVI connector on the system 3. Switching to that DVI port by using format 0 or cinema function on the (Beoliving) Beo4 gives you the option to compare between the panels/images.

• 02-23-2012 3:21 PM In reply to

Thank you for advice.

I connected my computer directly to the panel (without beosystem3) and I still have the same problem. Do I have to buy a new panel?

What will it cost?

What is the panasonic material / order number of the panel?

Do I have a choice of different panels fitting in my Beovision 9?

• 02-23-2012 3:51 PM In reply to

If the dealer isn't an option, then you have to find out which version of panel you have.

Ordering just a panel via ebay etc doesn't work as the panels are preprogrammed by B&O. They are recognized by the system.

What you could do, if your capable of doing so, is find out which PSU board (number etc) is inside. They you'll probably another one on eBay.

This is the cheapest way. Your dealer/service partner is probably another option and has probably an service suitcase with the board.

Ordering a new panel could be a solution, but the autocontrast doesn't work then.

• 02-24-2012 2:19 PM In reply to

Thank you very much for your explanations.

So far my dealer offered me a new B&O panel for > 2000 Euros.

So far I can see the panel is connected via DVI cable and RS232 cable to the Beosystem3. As far as I understood I can connect nearly every panel to the Beosystem 3, there is no need to have a "orginal" B&O (= panasonic panel preprogrammed by B&O) to work with.

Assuming that this is correct, I could for example buy a panasonic panel TH-50PF30ER for 1.750 Euros. This would be cheaper than the offer by B&O and I am sure to have the newest plasma technology on board offered by panasonic currently.

Following the link http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/2723/19329.aspx#19329 every panasonic panel can be controlled by the beosystem3 via RS232 (correct ?).

So the question only would be, can I fix the TH-50PF30 within the Beovision9 frame?
    The outside dimensions are the same as of TH-50PF10 which are used by B&O (correct ?).

Or do I miss any important point / information?

The problem I have is not only the money, it is the expectation that a 20.000 Euro TV should last longer than 5 years. And I would like to avoid that B&O earns another cent by reparing their low quality sold.

• 02-24-2012 5:55 PM In reply to

Have you had the tv inspected by an authorised B&O agent? That really is essential before you can really know the cause of and cure for the problem.

I have not seen this issue on any plasma products myself.

I do have experience of replacing plasma panels with Panasonic supplied non B&O screens - the biggest problem was that they do not come with the anti reflection coated glass which is integral to the panel itself.

Whilst the panel in the BV9 was manufactured by Panasonic to a specification and quality level set by B&O, the actual picture quality achieved on BV9 is equally down to a good panel matched with B&O hardware and software - namely the AR screen and the BeoSystem 3 which provides all the features of Automatic Picture control, adaptive peaking, dynamics etc etc.

A properly installed suitable panel replacement with the right software and chipset should allow correct integration with the BeoSystem 3 - but you will really miss the AR screen - it makes a huge difference to picture quality.

Sadly despite only using the very top percent of quality of the plasma panels available - I feel Panasonic have let you and B&O down on this occasion.

BV7-40MK4BR,7-32,6-22,6-23,6-26,BSnd5,9000,BLab9,3,4000,2,BCom2,6000,Btalk1200,LC2s,Lutron

• 02-25-2012 9:42 AM In reply to

For almost same price I would prefer the repair with original parts. It is understandable that you are angry with B&O, but taking a second best solution wold not make you happy.

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 02-25-2012 9:59 AM In reply to

And, keep in mind the panels are calibrated to the B&O standards. And they differ from the factory setting.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)