in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-01-2012 2:43 PM by symmes. 24 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (25 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-31-2011 3:05 PM

• beamve
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-30-2011
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Bad service bad quality

Please don't buy Bang -Olufsen products because they are expensive and not of good quality today

• 12-31-2011 3:19 PM In reply to

• dudley
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-05-2007
    • Posts 8
    • Silver Member

Re: Bad service bad quality

If you are too make such a bold statement like this please can you supply us with more details.

dudley

• 12-31-2011 3:44 PM In reply to

• Karla
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-19-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

beamve:

Please don't buy Bang -Olufsen products because they are expensive and not of good quality today

As all of us just halted our purchasing intentions on the strength of specificty of your post, please make sure to let us know when they are not expensive and of better quality so that we might re-enter the market.

• 12-31-2011 3:56 PM In reply to

• Rich
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-10-2010
    • Orlando, Florida, USA
    • Posts 1,089
    • Gold Member

Karla:

beamve:

As all of us just halted our purchasing intentions on the strength of specificty of your post, please make sure to let us know when they are not expensive and of better quality so that we might re-enter the market.

Yes -  thumbs up

Current primary listening:  SMMC20EN -> BG4002 -> BM4000 -> Beovox M70

• 12-31-2011 4:01 PM In reply to

Rich:

Karla:

beamve:

Yes -  thumbs up

+1

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 12-31-2011 4:11 PM In reply to

beamve:

As the others have said, you need to give us more details on this please......

Regards,

Michael

BV5, BV Avant, MX4000, MX1500

BS 7000, BS 5500

Penta III, Penta II, BL 4000, RL 60.2,  RL 35, CX-100 Alu

BL 7000, MCP6500, MCP5500,  BL 5000,  Beo4 (x2), BL 1000 (x2)

• 12-31-2011 4:21 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

I'm sure it will take him a while to recover from Karla's direct hit.

In the meantime, enjoy this, a post of his in the Nordic forum pages.

beamve:

Beo = snygg design Ja

Beo = kvalite' Nej

Jag köpte Beosound Ouvertyre, Avant samt Beolab 4000 och 8000 1996 och dessa prylar har fungerat perfekt i alla år (jag har verkligen varit nöjd med min utrustning både design och kvalitetsmässigt)

För 15 månader sedan så bytte jag min Avant mot Beovision 755 med inbyggd BlueRay och Beo6 (hade tidigare Beo4) sedan dess har jag bara haft problem av alla de slag. Jag har skickat min Beo6:a 4ggr för åtgärd men man har ej ännu lyckats få ordning på den, Beo-service har varit hemma hos mig och bytt bla. BlueRayspelaren men ej lyckats få den att funka som den bör. Kvalite'n och servicen(extremt långa väntetider) är under all kritik inte minst med tanke på de överpriser man tar ut för prylarna.

Mycket mycket besviken Beo-ägare (snart fd. Beo-ägare)

Which translates to:

Beo = great design Yes

Beo = quality 'No

I bought the BeoSound Overture, Avant and BeoLab 4000 and 8000 in 1996 and this stuff has worked perfectly all these years (I've been really happy with my equipment in both design and quality)

15 months ago so I changed my Avant against BeoVision 755 with built in BlueRay and Beo6 (had previously Beo4) since then I have only had problems of all kinds. I have sent my Beo6: a 4 times for the measure but has not yet managed to bring order to it, Beo-service has been at my house and changed blah. BlueRayspelaren but not managed to get it to work as it should. Kvalite'n and service (extremely long waiting times) is beneath contempt, not least in view of the excessive prices they charge for stuff.

Very very disappointed Beo-owners (soon to be ex. Beo-owner)

Evan

• 12-31-2011 4:30 PM In reply to

Hmmm ye, I guess this is what he must be talking about.

I can see his point of course, the kind of money a BV7-55 and Beo6 cost, you dont expect continuous problems which are then not resolved by customer service & an engineers visit to your house.

I can see how he's cheesed off, especially as he's had 1990's B&O products which never go wrong - think I'd be none too pleased as well in his situation tbh

Regards,

Michael

BS 7000, BS 5500

• 12-31-2011 4:33 PM In reply to

• wasti
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-29-2008
    • Cracow, Poland
    • Posts 112
    • Gold Member

Yeah, the old good stuff... that is why I buy vintage instead of new Smile

Wasti

• 12-31-2011 5:02 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

beamve:

Just your opinion. Just your opinion. 

Although my faith (in the brand) isn't as strong as it used to be - I'll be the first to admit - my dealer installed a BV10-46 on Friday and went the extra mile, and then some. A two hour installation window ended up taking 5 hours, with them getting a parking ticket on their van. Not once did I hear them complain (there were problems linking two TVs and, after much searching, they found one wire had come loose in the old masterlink cable!).

But, this reminded me that B&O make you feel like you're their only customer. You're not, clearly, but that's the impression you should get when you buy B&O. That nothing is too much trouble, that they'll go the extra mile.

The result? I have two new B&O TVs, both linked, both performing well and a pleased customer.

Loving my new BV10-46. Love the red grill and the simple fact I can swap it out for a black, orange or other grill if I want a change. Little things like that make me smile.

I've had all sorts of issues with my BV7-40 MKIII and then MKIV, but 99.9% of these problems are fixed and, Blu-ray update aside, have not required a software update or engineer for over a year now.

Also, remember that the more functionality B&O add to their modern products, the more likely things go wrong. With all due respect, the Avast's software would have been no way near the level required to power and manage the BV7-55. The Avast was actually a very basic TV. The BV7-55 has to be able to control, support and manage a whole host of incoming sources, formats, codecs and so on.

Sure B&O could do some things better and, let's be honest, have probably cut back too much on software development and other areas of their business, but it's only going to improve.

• 12-31-2011 6:14 PM In reply to

• Hungedu
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-08-2009
    • Ambergris Caye, Belize
    • Posts 128
    • Bronze Member

I, too had many B&O products from the early to mid 90s, including an Avant television. All those products worked well. My Avant never suffered a glitch. Like the other customer, I upgraded to a BV7-55 and sold my trusty Avant. The BeoVision 7-55 has been an excellent television with no trouble. Any issues I experienced were due to faulty HDMI cables from Wal-Mart. No regrets!

BeoVision 7-55 3D, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound 8, BeoLab 7-6, BeoLab Penta III, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 2, LC-1, BeoTime (analog clock), Form 1 headphones, Beo 4 remote.

• 12-31-2011 7:25 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

I've come to the conclusion that if you buy B&O/Aton Martin/Panerai etc you are getting something gorgeous and exclusive. Sometimes you have to phone up the dealer and get issues sorted, but evertime you walk in you can be rest assured you have the best performing best looking gear on the planet. And i'm the biggest complainer i know.

ps the Beo6 is flimsy compared to the Beo4 which i wish they had just modernised.

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 01-01-2012 4:28 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Chris:

I've come to the conclusion that if you buy Panerai etc you are getting something gorgeous and exclusive. Sometimes you have to phone up the dealer and get issues sorted

Yes, I can safely say I've had to take two new Panerai watches back for a minor fix. Nothing is perfect, even if you think they should be (for the price). The problem is, the more you spend on something, the higher your expectations and the more likely you'll be disappointed.

• 01-01-2012 6:09 AM In reply to

• beopuig
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-28-2010
    • Barcelona-Catalonia
    • Posts 68
    • Bronze Member

Certainly, it is clear that there's "something" different between 90's products and current  beo stuff.  90's products have, let's say, some sort of soul that they have adquired through the years. It takes at least 15 years for a beo device to get a soul.   Current products are still too new, too young for such an important thing like a soul. Eventually, some of them will manage to get one  but  first they have to last at least those 15 years and I am afraid that with the current flimsiness of many of beo products, only a minority of them will reach this status that so far is only reserved to the old fashioned and  sturdy BangOlufsen products. 

• 01-01-2012 6:36 AM In reply to

moxxey:

Chris:

I've come to the conclusion that if you buy Panerai etc you are getting something gorgeous and exclusive. Sometimes you have to phone up the dealer and get issues sorted

Yes, I can safely say I've had to take two new Panerai watches back for a minor fix. Nothing is perfect, even if you think they should be (for the price). The problem is, the more you spend on something, the higher your expectations and the more likely you'll be disappointed.

Thats true that, have ever been on cheap holiday and it was one of the best you have had??

• 01-01-2012 8:35 AM In reply to

beopuig:
    Eventually, some of them will manage to get one  but  first they have to last at least those 15 years and I am afraid that with the current flimsiness of many of beo products, only a minority of them will reach this status that so far is only reserved to the old fashioned and  sturdy BangOlufsen products. 

And apart from the build quality there are the software issues... 

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 01-01-2012 8:39 AM In reply to

moxxey:

The crown of my Panerai broke off after about 11 months... Of course it was replaced under warranty. They did a splendid job and I got it back much earlier than expected. Still, I like the watch less than before...

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 01-01-2012 9:12 AM In reply to

Can you really see the Made in China Made for Profit B&O stuff like BS8 lasting for 15 years? 2 or 3 if we are lucky. It's very sad in today's world that quality is worse than decades ago!

I makes me smile when I look at fashion icons like Dolce & Gabbana who actually own their one and only factory in Italy and employ humans to stitch the bottons on the shirts by hand. I've got to say, their quality and attention to detail is superb! This is what B&O uaed to be like.  Now I think of them as a practically bankrupt company who are trying in anyway to bring in ther money just to survive.

Sorry guys, but I have no faith in Made in China for the premium market. My experience is that it just does not last. Its made for the throw away generation. Even my beautiful MacBook is starting to wear at only 18 months!   Oh how I miss the days when a product would last a good 10 years or more!!!

• 01-01-2012 9:23 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Your Macbook was made in Shanghai China, and the Air is made by ASUS.Erm

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 01-01-2012 9:29 AM In reply to

Thanks for that Chris. Yes the screen is coming unstuck from the plastic housing   very bad as I look after my toys so much!

• 01-01-2012 9:39 AM In reply to

• beamve
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-30-2011
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

This is just what i ment. You have your eyes open.

Regards

• 01-01-2012 10:29 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Tod Daniel:

Sorry guys, but I have no faith in Made in China for the premium market.

There's no reason for this than some kind of Asian xenophobia. As I've said many times, you don't see the likes of Apple saying that their products would be so much beter.....if only they were made in Denmark!

Chinese manufacturers simply produce, to your exact spec, what you tell them to produce. They don't use materials you've not specified or, say, a rubber which is sub-standard.

Chinese manufactured products which do not last the test of time are NOT problems from the manufacturing process (if they were, the producer woul quickly switch suppliers), they from the SPECIFICATION supplied in order to reduce costs as much as possible - there's a very good reason why your Sony TV now costs £499. To get it produced for £499, corners have to be cut. That's the problem, not the manufacturing process.

The problem with us consumers is, generally speaking, we all want to pay as little as possible, but demand high quality products in return. There has to be a trade-off somewhere.

As for this "made in Italy" statement - I buy hand made shirts from Italy. They are always later than they specify, there are certain periods of the year where the Italian factories are shut for weeks (Christmas, first week Jan, August etc) and, looking at the best shirts from the likes of Brioni, the buttons come loose quite quickly as they are hand stitched. The amount of shirts I've taken to my local tailor is quite unbelievable. Once he had to stitch six buttons back on.

Ironically you'll find that most fashion brands now manufacture in China. Armani do, D&G will produce some product over there, too, much like B&O do with their cheaper products, such as the BS8.

And I love my BS8.

• 01-01-2012 10:32 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Tod Daniel:

....my toys....

That sums up everything I need to know about how you view your products.

• 01-01-2012 12:38 PM In reply to

@ moxxey

It's easy to say there's no problem - when u aint yourself got any problem...

But if you had spent £5k, £10k, £15k++ of your own, hard earned dosh and all you had were continual problems ~ problems they couldnt even sort out at the dealer or even making visits to your home, you'd soon change your tune.

Guaranteed

Michael

BS 7000, BS 5500

• 01-01-2012 2:43 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

@ bentleyman

But YOU must admit you created this thread out of nothing, or at least out of a poor Google translation of a guy's first post.  

Guaranteed

Page 1 of 1 (25 items)