in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-01-2012 5:58 PM by GuyTelefunken. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-31-2011 1:46 AM

Beosound 2000 - Door Motor Question

Having recently aquired a Beosound 2000, I have a question about the door motor. The unit has been cleaned and the door/clamper motor belt replaced. It functions well, but I have a question. When the glass comes to the fully closed position the motor continues to try to run for approx. 3 seconds and then stops. This does not happen at any other stop position; fully open, clamper up, or clamper down.

I am aware of a service bulletin suggesting replacement of the cam lifting wheel and changing resistor R2 from 100K to 180K on PCB9, the gear sensor PCB. The resistor has been changed to no effect. Although the cam has not been replaced, it is very clean. I'm trying to discern the difference between the original cam wheel and the "improved" part. The bulletin states "The black field on the Cam-lifting wheel has been lowered and the focus distance from the optocoupler on the PCB9 has been improved by changing R2 to 180K ohms."

Perhaps one of the fine owners of a 2000 could remove the left grille and have a look at their motor? Does it stop immediately as the door comes to the fully closed position? Or rather, does it continue to try to turn for a bit and then stop?

I did in fact have a similar problem on a 2500 but the issue there was a dirty switch that senses when the doors are completely closed. I see no such switch in the 2000. Am I missing something?

• 01-29-2012 11:10 PM In reply to

Re: Beosound 2000 - Door Motor Question

Why am I always the lucky one the writes up a request, gets 135 views over a months time, and gets not a single answer? Would someone please help me with this simple question?

• 01-30-2012 4:21 AM In reply to

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Recklinghausen, Germany
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

You're not alone, my thread about a Besound Century clamper problem hasn't been answered yet too.

I think the people who have the knowledge to repair them don't read our threads or don't want to answer. That's silly.

If the stand and the active antenna I recently aquired arrive this week I will pull up my Century from the cellar and will take a look for you at the motor.

Regards

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK III, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 11, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoVision MX4000/MX7000 & BeoCom 4

Samsung UE40B7090, Samsung HT-WS1G, Technisat HD8-S, Sony PS3, Logitech PS3 IR-BT-Adapter & Lintronic TT455-RT-238

• 01-30-2012 7:10 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Yes it is strange to get no replies on these threads. Must be something to do with the Beosound 2000/Century?

I saw this thread pop up last night and didn't open it . As I have never even physically touched this model before am not drawn towards it - I guess many others are the same. However, I do hope someone better placed to be able to answer your questions will be along shortly.Smile

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 02-01-2012 12:45 AM In reply to

Thank you gentlemen for chiming in.

BeoIce:

You're not alone, my thread about a Besound Century clamper problem hasn't been answered yet too.

Regards

Martin

Martin, I just read your thread. That is odd. I had an issue with reassembly of the cam box such that the pin of the clamper lift mechanism wasn't in the correct part of the groove in the cam the first time I assembled it. This caused the clamper to operate half way but stalled the complete mechanism at this point. I do recall a crunchy sound. After shifting the clamper-lifter pin to the correct point, it works as intended.

It seems as your mechanism is in sync such that it operates over it's full travel. Did you run it completely from fully open to fully closed by hand? If it works by hand, this brings me to another point. When I first started servicing mine, the doors would only open half way and with manual help. Everything looked find except the belt was slipping. Replacing the belt fully restored quick and easy operation. The belt p/n is 2732112, and should be available to you if you need it.

• 02-01-2012 4:22 AM In reply to

GuyTelefunken:
    When the glass comes to the fully closed position the motor continues to try to run for approx. 3 seconds and then stops.

Curiousity killed the cat, finally Wink

Opened it up. Yep. It runs for approx. 3 secs longer. Well, sort of; it tries to run (stops but you can see it's still trying to run). After 3 secs you can hear al little "knack" that shows it's stopping to get power. Obviously the belt is stronger than the motor...

Gunther

BTW: The first radio I owned back then was a Telefunken Jubilate Big Smile

• 02-01-2012 4:43 AM In reply to

hemenex:
    Opened it up. Yep. It runs for approx. 3 secs longer. Well, sort of; it tries to run (stops but you can see it's still trying to run). After 3 secs you can hear al little "knack" that shows it's stopping to get power. Obviously the belt is stronger than the motor...

When I think about it, quite many motored B&O things are like that - shoe box Beocord trays, Beocenter 9xxx doors, etc. They just run the motor "long enough" to close / open whatever is operating, and rely on the belt slipping or the motor simply not being able to turn for the rest of the time. Unless there's a direct need to know the measured travel, this saves a limit switch or sensor (stuff that usually requires hand assembly and adjustment at the factory) and can actually be more reliable.

I believe the reason for these threads not being so popular is that DIY folks tend to favour vintage kit, and these later items are often still with their original owners who usually take them to the dealer. So it will take longer (unfortunately sometimes forever) before anybody who knows what the problem is about comes along. Me, for example, of these two products I know the Century much better... I have actually seen one! (not powered up, though)

I have fond memories of valve era Telefunkens as well Smile You saw a lot of them in Finland because they were license built over here.

-mika

• 02-01-2012 5:18 AM In reply to

tournedos:
    of these two products I know the Century much better...

In fact, I've never heard officially about a BeoSound2000 - for me it was always a Century... So probably having mentioned "century" instead might have had more replies.

tournedos:
    valve era Telefunkens

Well, to be honest it was a transistorized jubilate...

The first ever radio i came across was my father's Kuba Imperial music trunk with a phillips turntable and a 10-times-changer... (that I still own - waiting for restoration but I always was sort of "afraid" of valves and their higher voltages Sad

And I don't have the original schematics - have been lost at my mother's home some years ago: I know where they WERE [:'(]

Another BTW: Is everybodies beoworld also THAT slow as mine yesterday / today? Confused

• 02-01-2012 5:49 AM In reply to

hemenex:
    In fact, I've never heard officially about a BeoSound2000 - for me it was always a Century... So probably having mentioned "century" instead might have had more replies.

Oh yes, the Century was Beosound 2000 in the US! Fooled me Surprise I was blindly thinking it was one of those Ouverture style music centers, once again called something else over the pond. Wonder what was the sense in that?

And yes, the forum seems a bit slower than usual. I suppose / hope it's due to Keith copying stuff over in preparation to the upgrade, or something.

-mika

• 02-01-2012 8:14 AM In reply to

• BeoIce
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Recklinghausen, Germany
    • Posts 281
    • Founder

@GuyTelefunken:

I don't think it's the belt. It worked flawlessly before I unmounted everything. I haven't moved the clamper manual until now, as I thought I might damage the mechanism.

I think I will reopen the Century and see if I can find anything wrong. I haven't worked on the Century for 2-3 month now, but perhaps, after this time I see the problem I haven't seen before.

Regards

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK III, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 11, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoVision MX4000/MX7000 & BeoCom 4

Samsung UE40B7090, Samsung HT-WS1G, Technisat HD8-S, Sony PS3, Logitech PS3 IR-BT-Adapter & Lintronic TT455-RT-238

• 02-01-2012 5:58 PM In reply to

Gunther, thank you for checking your unit. I now know I am 100% operating correctly.

Martin, good luck. I hope you figure it out.

Thanks to everyone for yout help and thoughts. This is the way the forum should work. A group of people with similar interests lending a hand to one another.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)