in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-31-2011 8:01 AM by Raeuber. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-30-2011 4:22 AM

BV7-32 DVD player in mainroom

I have a BV7-32 in bedroom. Is it in some way possible to use the internal DVD to watch in my mainroom on my BV9?
  • 12-30-2011 7:44 AM In reply to

Re: BV7-32 DVD player in mainroom

do you need to set the bv7 as video master?

Cheers Nick

• 12-30-2011 1:35 PM In reply to

In linkroom you can hear/see all sources of your mainroom, but not the other way.

But you can program your BV 7 to mainroom and your BV 9 to linkroom, then you can watch DVD from BV 7 on BV 9. Don't forget to change the antenna connections and the RF link amplifier has to be placed in mainroom.

/Räuber
  • 12-30-2011 5:29 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

By the time you've taken the signal down an RF cable, then magnified it onto a beautiful BV9 - 50" HD screen - it'll look pretty poor in my opinion..

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 12-30-2011 5:43 PM In reply to

same opinion as grand master lee!

Without Beonet (I hope I'm right - in a way that it will transmit HD signal) video link nowadays is without use!

get a PUC controlled external gear!

Regards Elmar

• 12-31-2011 5:50 AM In reply to

you know what I didn't think of that!!  Its a pain for anyone who has a bv9 bv5 or bv4 are stuffed and need to hide a dvd i assume you can control it as long as its on the puc list?  Cheers Nick  

• 12-31-2011 6:26 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

mr_anders_son:
    I have a BV7-32 in bedroom. Is it in some way possible to use the internal DVD to watch in my mainroom on my BV9?

Should be possible via Av1 port on your 7-32 as long you don't want to control it from the main room.

The Scart plug must have an output (composite,RGB?) for video recording. Connect this output with a Scart input of your BV9.

I never tried this constellation, but as far as I know, all Beovisions have an output on Scart AV1. Selected Picture and sound are automatically routed to this port. You don't need HD signal, DVD player is SD.

Stefan

• 12-31-2011 8:01 AM In reply to

stefan:

mr_anders_son:

Should be possible via Av1 port on your 7-32 as long you don't want to control it from the main room.

The Scart plug must have an output (composite,RGB?) for video recording. Connect this output with a Scart input of your BV9.

I never tried this constellation, but as far as I know, all Beovisions have an output on Scart AV1. Selected Picture and sound are automatically routed to this port. You don't need HD signal, DVD player is SD.

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

this should work, but you need a very long scart cable from BV 7 to BV 9.

BTW: The internal Bluray player of my new BV 7-40 3D distributes the video and audio signal to my BV 10-40 in linkroom via Masterlink (audio) and RF Link (video) with no additional scart connection and of course in SD.

/Räuber

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)