in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-02-2012 7:21 PM by Steffen. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-29-2011 3:32 AM

• Josco
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-28-2011
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

CD 6500 disk drawer

Hi

I am a new member looking for a little help please....

I currently have a CD6500 (and the amp & tape deck too) which I bought new many many years ago.  I have not used it very frequently, but just recently the CD player has refused to open or play the CD still within.  If I tilt the CD 6500 then the 'drawer' opens with gravity, but will not re-close without some pressure.  I therefore have two questions:

Is it terminal?  Are there any repairers in the Yorkshire area?  I went to the Leeds B&O shop but the sales guy was not interested and didn't even know what a 6500 was.

Many thanks

Josco 

• 12-29-2011 4:29 AM In reply to

Re: CD 6500 disk drawer

It's definitely repairable! It will need a new belt and/or clean and relube of the tray mechanism. New belts are available from member Dillen.

The reason for the discs not playing might be the same (the mechanism not loading completely due to a slipping belt), or the deck might need some capacitors replaced. This is another typical problem with these decks, and won't take long for anybody familiar with repairing them.

I hope somebody else can recommend a local repair facility for you.

-mika

• 01-02-2012 7:21 PM In reply to

Re: CD 6500 disk drawer

Josco:

Is it terminal?  Are there any repairers in the Yorkshire area?  I went to the Leeds B&O shop but the sales guy was not interested and didn't even know what a 6500 was.

NEVER ask a sales guy -they are only interested in selling you something new. 
    Most of them knows absolutely nothing about older models -and even less about repairs. No - thumbs down
    As tournedos wrote: It can always be repaired.
    Find a decent repair shop and ask them. I would also recommend reading the threads regarding CD 5500/6500/7000 here on Beoworld.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)