in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-28-2011 1:20 PM by Guy1680. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-27-2011 5:24 PM

• CJM1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-01-2011
    • Posts 35
    • Bronze Member

PS3 Plugged into TV SCART

Is it possible to plug a PS3 into the TV scart socket on the avant so you can press tv and the PS3 will give an ouput? if so how do you set it up?

Smile

Filed under:
  • 12-28-2011 11:55 AM In reply to

• Guy1680
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-18-2007
    • Viborg, Denmark
    • Posts 104
    • Gold Member

Re: PS3 Plugged into TV SCART

I do not have an Avant but as far as I am aware it does not have a ‘TV’ input SCART socket.  Depending on the model it may have a ‘DECODER’ SCART input and an ‘AV’ SCART input.

I would plug the PS3 into the ‘AV’ SCART socket and then used the TV’s ‘connections’ menu to set this socket as V.AUX.  You can then select this socket using the Beo4 remote by pressing SHIFT then TV or possible by adding V.AUX to the list button.  (You may also need to add SHIFT to the list button.)

If you have been using the PS3 with HDMI in the past, then remember to reset it to ‘composite output’ by holding down its power button at startup until you hear the second beep.

Let me know how you get on, or if you have further questions.

• 12-28-2011 12:46 PM In reply to

• CJM1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-01-2011
    • Posts 35
    • Bronze Member

i Managed to get it to work. i may be getting a set top box soon. i also have two other questions. why is it when i press the SAT button on my avant the standby button flashes. and the tv doesent turn on. i have the DTV button on my Beo4 so i cant turn sat on. and i also need to set up my nintendo 64. it has an arial cable and i have no idea how to set it up

• 12-28-2011 1:00 PM In reply to

• Guy1680
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-18-2007
    • Viborg, Denmark
    • Posts 104
    • Gold Member

If your TV's connections are not set up so that one of them is a 'SAT' input then it will not turn on when you press that button on the remote.  I think this is all explained in the handbook.

The 'DTV' button does exactly the same as 'SAT' - the remote sends the same message.

I am not sure what output the Nintendo 64 has but I presume you can get a output lead that includes 'component' and will connect to the Avant in the same way as the PS3.

If you do get a STB then it's worth checking if your Avant is fitted with a STB controller (STB-C).  If it is then there should be a 3.5mm socket at the back somewhere, to which you connect what some call an 'IR blaster'.  Again check the manual for details of how to set up the STB-C, but if it has an up to date chip fitted you should get a STB that is listed so that you can then control this with your Beo4 remote.

• 12-28-2011 1:12 PM In reply to

• CJM1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-01-2011
    • Posts 35
    • Bronze Member

i may get a sky box. just to let you know i have plugged the PS3 into the wrong SCART teh decoder not AV i have switched it round and i have no idea how to set it up on AV SCART

• 12-28-2011 1:20 PM In reply to

• Guy1680
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-18-2007
    • Viborg, Denmark
    • Posts 104
    • Gold Member

There no problem at the moment if you put it back in the DECODER socket - as I said earlier it depends how you have set up the avant inputs in the TV menu.  Well worth reading the manual - available on site if you upgrade membership!

I'm off out for the evening in a moment but happy to assist further tomorrow, as I am sure other members will.

Guy

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)