in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-28-2011 3:01 AM by DrDimitris. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-27-2011 3:07 AM

Karaoke and Beovision 7

Merry Christmas to all fellow Beoworlders. I am new to this and for the New Year's eve we are planning to have also a Karaoke Party. No experience by my side. In order not to buy things i do not need, i am asking for some experience by any members here. My existing system is BV7-32, BL8000's, BL4000's, BL2. Is there a way to use the in - builk DVD player of BV7? Where shall i connect the microphones?

Do i need to buy a separate system with microphone inputs and scart connection to BV7?

Please any help is welcome by you.

Thank you in advance.

-Dimitris

• 12-28-2011 2:46 AM In reply to

Re: Karaoke and Beovision 7

We use the PS2 SingStar and plug that into the CAMERA input of our BV8:

However an expensive solution for a single night of Karaoke ... and SingStar is more about improving ones signing skills as simple raw fun.

It did however confirm what my family has always said about my singing ... I was rated "tone deaf"

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 12-28-2011 3:01 AM In reply to

Re: Karaoke and Beovision 7

Thanks for that Elephant Yes -  thumbs up

Last night i did some experiments and i concluded that it can be done but not with the in-built DVD player in bv7.

I use my Panasonic BluRay Player which has in-built wifi and web capabilities. I need a microphone and a sound mixer. Then the analogue sound from the BR goes to the mixer. The sound output (R-L) of the mixer goes into the AV2 scart (or camera) input of the BV7.

Image directly from the BR through HDMI to DVI cable.

And voila. All is running through my setup and i have to say that it is fun. You can either play karaoke DVD's on the BR player, or just browse to youtube and dirctly select the tune you like!

Will see how it goes on Saturday! But karaoke through B&O is a good party maker. Big Smile

-Dimitris

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)