in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-26-2011 3:44 AM by Raeuber. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-25-2011 1:43 AM

iPod Dock and BV7?

Is it possible to attach an iPod dock to a BV7 MK III so that it can be used to broadcast music to speakers that are masterlinked? Since the Apple TV2 cannot distribute music to masterlinked devices....thought it might be an alternative but not sure if it will work...

• 12-25-2011 2:16 AM In reply to

• Karla
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-19-2008
    • USA
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Re: iPod Dock and BV7?

In our set up, the AppleTV2 goes through a convertor to an Avant, and the iPod/iPad2 music goes through all of the ML connections throughout the house via AirPlay.

We can also access the ML through the 9000 via an Airport Express, and it will also put music through the ML via Airplay.

• 12-25-2011 8:58 AM In reply to

Hi Oasis,

connect your ATV 2 not only via HDMI but also via a converter like this:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B004O2P0CS

Then you can hear the sound of the ATV 2 in your linkrooms.

Good luck and merry christmas!

/Räuber

• 12-25-2011 4:30 PM In reply to

it is unfortunate that my iPad1 (and so maybe an iPod) can only output to itself or to the ATV2

however I can use my iPad to control iTunes on my Mac and use its multiple speakers capability

so my Mac outputs via cables analogue to linkrooms and via airplay digital to the ATV2

this means I can either have my BV8 in N-MUSIC mode (it picks up the masterlink analogue signal) or it DVD mode (it picks up the ATV2)

perhaps something like that is a solution for you ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 12-25-2011 4:35 PM In reply to

Oasis:

Is it possible to attach an iPod dock to a BV7 MK III so that it can be used to broadcast music to speakers that are masterlinked? 

Perhaps this would work with Masterlink?

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/system-dock

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 12-25-2011 5:42 PM In reply to

Razlaw:

Perhaps this would work with Masterlink?

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/system-dock

I am not sure if they updated the picture ... but looking carefully at it ... and reading the text ... (pity no system specs) ... and looking at the juxtaposition of the Beo6 offering full iThing control ... you have managed to ignite my interest in this product ! 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 12-25-2011 6:16 PM In reply to

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 12-25-2011 8:02 PM In reply to

Thanks for all the replies. I already own one of those Apple univeral ipod dock with a RCA type cable that you can connect to hi-fi systems. I was hoping to use that and connect to one of the AV sources on the BV7 (if possible) to distribute music via ML speakers. I will be happy even if I cannot control the ipod with my Beo4 remote since I will be playing either playlists or shuffling songs without the need to control my list (but will the PUC codes for apple TV/remote also work on the dock since it can be controlled with an Apple remote anyway?). 

The Toslink adaptor seems interesting so does that mean all I have to do is connect a digital sound cable from the apple TV to the adaptor, and then a RCA cable to one of the AV sources on the TV? Will that confuse the TV since both HDMI and RCA are connected to it? e.g. will it activate both the apple TV on my TV as well as my link speakers if I activate the ATV2 on my link speakers?

The system dock is probably closest to what I had intended to do with my ipod dock with the added benefit of displaying the content on the TV, but I wonder how much it is going to cost and if it is worth paying the extra $$ for something the ipod dock can already do at a fraction of the cost. 

• 12-26-2011 3:44 AM In reply to

Yes, you can control your IPod dock with your Beo4 if you have the "Apple remote" PUC on your BV 7 and a PUC cable between IPod dock and BV 7.

/Räuber
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)