in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-22-2011 8:01 PM by beojeff. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-22-2011 6:53 PM

BeoSystem 3 upscaling

I'm in the U.S. and have a BeoCenter 2 connected to a BeoSystem 3. When I tried to play a (region restriction stripped via Mac The Ripper) Region 4 DVD, my Samsung 1080p tv gave a message of "unsupported resolution." However, when I hit the "Cinema" button on my Beo6, my Sim2 projector played the movie just fine. This leads me to think that the BeoSystem 3 is not upconverting the movie from the BeoCenter 2 to 1080p. Is there a setting on the service menu of the BeoSystem 3 that I need to change to get it to upconvert the signal from the BeoCenter 2 to 1080p?

• 12-22-2011 7:51 PM In reply to

Re: BeoSystem 3 upscaling

Hello,

This problem occurs probably because the movie on the DVD is in PAL format, thus 25 frames/second. The Samsung TV is very likely not able to support that refresh rate. Most TVs sold in North America (except B&O and possibly a few others) are very limited in the refresh rates they support, in order to save a few dollars on the video chipset. Mass market manufacturers cut everywhere they can to lower their prices. The SIM projector has a better chipset that supports multiple refresh rates.

Good luck,

Jean 

• 12-22-2011 8:01 PM In reply to

Re: BeoSystem 3 upscaling

I had thought that 1080p had become a universal standard. Wouldn't the BeoSystem 3 upconvert any signal to just one consistant output signal?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)