in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-23-2011 8:00 AM by tournedos. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-22-2011 11:36 AM

FINE TUNING BEOMASTER 7000 WITH MCP6500

A couple of days ago, some background noise appeared on the frequency where my BM7000 stored one of the radio station I usually listen to.

I manually changed the frequency with fine tuning ( GOTO + >>  or  GOTO + << on MCP6500) till the reception was perfect without any noise, then I press STORE + NUMBER (7 in my case) to store it again with the new manually modified frequency.The system apparently accepted the command but when I switched the system on again after switching it off, I found the radio station stored on the old frequency again (= it seems that the BM7000 went back on his automatic "locked" chioce) which in few words means: background noise again !

I did the procedure again and again but no way. The BM7000 does not keep my manual fine tuning stored.

Did I miss something? Does my BM7000 need technical service? Do I need a BL7000?

Thanks in advance...

mauro

• 12-23-2011 7:28 AM In reply to

Re: FINE TUNING BEOMASTER 7000 WITH MCP6500

Hi Mauro

beolit39:
    BM7000 went back on his automatic "locked" chioce

As far as i remember you can switch off the automatic locking. At the moment i don't have the manual or the MCP6500 at hand.

I made the radio setup for 5 beomasters and 20 stations in the last month but most of them with BL7000. But at least for one i switched off the locking with bl1000 or the MCP. If you don't find the possibility, i can have a look at my (new old stock) MCP6500 and try it for myself. By the way does the bm7000 shows "locked" when you choose this station?

Best regards and merry Christmas

David

• 12-23-2011 8:00 AM In reply to

Re: FINE TUNING BEOMASTER 7000 WITH MCP6500

beowild:
    As far as i remember you can switch off the automatic locking. At the moment i don't have the manual or the MCP6500 at hand.

That's simple, just press GOTO and the "locked" indication (as well as the AFT function) turns off.

But I just tried with my BS6500, and apparently the setting isn't stored in the FM preset; once you go somewhere else and then return to the preset, LOCKED lights up again.

As far as I can see, the exact manually fine tuned frequency is stored though, so another GOTO to turn the AFT off should return the tuner to the off-center frequency that was set up earlier.

But, it seems to me that the real issue is the Beomaster being slightly out of alignment if you need to play with fine tuning to properly receive a station.

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)