in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-14-2007 6:02 AM by fish. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-13-2007 6:00 AM

• fish
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-03-2007
    • Posts 28
    • Bronze Member

beolink cabling question

hi,

was wondering if someone could help, as i'm a bit confused re beolink cabling.

basically i have 3 b&o tv's all of which currently have just a standard tv aerial connection that runs from a splitter/booster box in the loft, plus the avant has a sky + box connected to it. what i'd like to achieve in the end is the ability to watch dvd's and sky from the avant and obviously audio from the beosound, and then standard terrestrial tv on each. 

i realise i need to run a masterlink connection between the 3 but what i'm not sure is what i need to do with the aerial connection, ie. do i need to run 2 aerial feeds to the main tv (avant) or is it ok to leave it as is, with just the standard one in each tv - sorry if i'm not explaining it well, hopefully someone will understand !

thanks

steve

• 07-13-2007 6:43 AM In reply to

Re: beolink cabling question

Hi Steve

The way I have it setup is with the main aerial coming into the master video source (in my case a beosystem 2) and then the link tv aerial socket is connected to the link areial output socket on the master. The master unit feeds the regular rf signal through as well as the link video signal so you can still watch regular terrestrial programs on the link tvs.

Obviously there is also a masterlink cable between them as well!

Cheers

Warren
  • 07-14-2007 6:02 AM In reply to

• fish
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-03-2007
    • Posts 28
    • Bronze Member

Re: beolink cabling question

hi warren

thanks for the reply

cheers