in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-16-2011 10:59 AM by JOV. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-15-2011 10:21 AM

• JOV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-28-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

Maybe a fraud with stolen B&O stuff???

Hello Beoworld, 

I found a used Beovision 32 inkl. Lab 7.4 and motor stand offered for € 700. Cool, would be a steal, I thought. Location in Berlin.

When asking for papers and a pick up date, I got an answer from a guy in UK. He told me, that the TV is in his house in Manchester, that he has all papers, and that he would ship to Germany. I'd have to pay shipping company for the TV etc. Total price would be 1.000 Euros.

I found this TV in serveral adverts in Germany or USA, some offers are 3 month old and still online. 

What do you think I would get? A stolen TV? Or no TV, just a handfull of brickstones?

Thrilling...

JOV

• 12-15-2011 10:37 AM In reply to

Re: Maybe a fraud with stolen B&O stuff???

The goods don't exist. Most probably you wouldn't get anything except perhaps a receipt for a payment for a shipment that never happened.

-mika

• 12-15-2011 11:57 AM In reply to

if it looks too good to be real, keep your hands of! Esspecial if the seller is living in another country than original advertized.

• 12-15-2011 4:31 PM In reply to

There's always the possibility that someone is trying to sell off items looted in the riots, and does not want to try sell it in the UK to reduce the chance of them being spotted.

• 12-15-2011 5:47 PM In reply to

It's a scam that happens worldwide. You send the money, the item doesn't exist, and you'll never find them or get your money back.

They do this with all sorts of items, even for property rentals! You send the bond and the first months rent and they send you the keys. Problem is, someone else lives at the property!!!

I'm a Western Union agent, and I prevent money being sent for these sorts of things all the time...

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 12-15-2011 6:34 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Why not email the store in Manchester the serial number and they can check if it was stolen from their store during the riots/looting?

Opman

• 12-15-2011 7:28 PM In reply to

Jonathan:

It's a scam that happens worldwide. You send the money, the item doesn't exist, and you'll never find them or get your money back.

They do this with all sorts of items, even for property rentals! You send the bond and the first months rent and they send you the keys. Problem is, someone else lives at the property!!!

I'm a Western Union agent, and I prevent money being sent for these sorts of things all the time...

Right one.

Forget about it. It's a scam.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 12-16-2011 3:29 AM In reply to

• paul
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-10-2009
    • dublin
    • Posts 130
    • Gold Member

sounds as doggy as a a traveller offering to tarmacadem ur driveway for £200....wouldn't touch it with a bargepole....A lot of the high value items stolen in the UK riots are selling internationally, so if its not a complete swindle, you could in fact be buying stolen goods....the only way you can be sure is to ask him/her for the ID number and then call your local dealer to confirm if its legit?

still, i can see the temptation......just be strong and start saving for a new one :):):)

BeoVision 7-40 MKIV with BeoLab 7-4 Vertical speaker, BeoSound 9000 CD/Tuner, Speakers are a pair of  BeoLab 5 in Black with a pair of BeoLab 4000 as rear speakers, and in bedroom BeoCentre 6-26 with BeoLab 8000's. Both the Kitchen and bathroom have Beolab3500's. BeoCom 2 and BeoCom 5 phones. Beo 6 and Beo4 remotes. LATEST ADDITION: Beogram 7000 with MMC2 stylus....

• 12-16-2011 10:59 AM In reply to

• JOV
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-28-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 62
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for your answers, they share my thoughts.

Offering the same TV for months in Germany and USA with such a low price, and location in UK, must be a fraud.

Here's the link: http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeigen/s-anzeige/berlin/tv-video/fernseher/u3856499

lifestyle-av used the same photo on eBay earlier this year...

Anyway. I hope nobody will be ripped off.

JOV

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)