in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-16-2011 6:07 AM by Mikkel Petersen. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-14-2011 3:58 PM

BeoCenter 2 Mark I vs. II vs. III

Hi there.

I've looked high and low, but haven't found the answer.

Does anyone have a definitive answer to the difference3 of the three revisions of the BeoCenter 2?

Specifically, I'm looking to buy a used BeoCenter 2, and want to make sure that I get the most capable system, and buy one that either has, or have the possibility of retrofitting a DAB+ tuner.

Iøve also heard something about a Bluetooth option for A2DP streaming, is that an official solution, or a third party upgrade?

Thanks, Mikkel.

Current setup:
    Bedroom: BeoVision 6-26 Mk2
    Livingroom: Medion 40", PS3, Samsung (Yousee branded) PVR
    Kitchen: Yamaha micro component setup with DVD, stock Yamaha speakers and iPad

Plans for the future:
    Livingroom: BeoVision 7-55 w. DVB-HD & Blu-Ray BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 5 Front, BeoLab 4000 Mk2 rear, BeoCenter 2,  PS3, Samsung PVR, Sony BDP-CX7000ES 400 Disc Blu-Ray Changer
    Kitchen: Beosound 5

Ambitious I know:-)

Filed under: , , ,
  • 12-16-2011 3:47 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Re: BeoCenter 2 Mark I vs. II vs. III

Hi Mikkel,

To my knowledge there are only two versions (mk1 & 2) plus the audio-only version (no scart)... and the aluminium and steel versions, which looked the same to me unless compared side-by-side. The DAB+ was introduced June 2010 (mkII + audio version).

The introduction of the tactile feedback when pressing the buttons on the mk2 was a big bonus (they installed a small speaker that makes a "click" sound when you press a button) in my view.

The BT-option must be a third party thing?

Roger

• 12-16-2011 6:07 AM In reply to

Re: BeoCenter 2 Mark I vs. II vs. III

Hi Roger.

First of all thanks for your reply:-)

I could've sworn I saw a mentioning of a mark III in a pricelist containing prices for upgrade modules. But can't find it now:/

Anyway, from what you're saying I conclude that if I purchase say a 2008 without DAB, it's safe to assume that it's a Mark II, has the tactile feedback, and can have the DAB+ retrofitted?

If that's the case it just made it a whole lot easier finding a used one at a decent price, and have the DAB+ upgrade done.

Thanks again:-)

Cheers, Mikkel:-)

Current setup:
    Livingroom: Medion 40", PS3, Samsung (Yousee branded) PVR
    Kitchen: Yamaha micro component setup with DVD, stock Yamaha speakers and iPad

Plans for the future:
    Livingroom: BeoVision 7-55 w. DVB-HD & Blu-Ray BeoLab 7-4, BeoLab 5 Front, BeoLab 4000 Mk2 rear, BeoCenter 2,  PS3, Samsung PVR, Sony BDP-CX7000ES 400 Disc Blu-Ray Changer
    Kitchen: Beosound 5

Ambitious I know:-)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)