in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-14-2011 1:11 PM by tournedos. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-14-2011 11:19 AM

• Chasp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-22-2008
    • Posts 10
    • Bronze Member

Beomaster 900M Stereo Light

All,

My stereo light is not coming on anymore on the 900M - checked the bulb and it is not burned out. Signal strength from the FM stations are coming in very strong. I am not sure what the problem can be, but any help in this matter would be appreciated. Thank you.

• 12-14-2011 11:39 AM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 900M Stereo Light

Does the bulb light if you select the tape input? - if not, you need to look at the socket. They often corrode to the point of not making contact any more.

If the bulb lights with other sources but not on FM, does it still play the radio in stereo (i.e do you hear any difference if you work the mono button)?

-mika

• 12-14-2011 12:26 PM In reply to

• Chasp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-22-2008
    • Posts 10
    • Bronze Member

mika - I just tried another source and the stereo light came on. Relief. I then switched back to FM and as I went up and down the dial the stereo light would come on at different stations. Maybe the stereo light just needed a kick start from another source. All is better now. Thank you for the help. 

• 12-14-2011 1:11 PM In reply to

Good to hear it works Smile

Those old things often just need to be used to stay in shape. It may have been a bad contact at the switch bank.

The reason for my latter question was that on FM, the stereo light has a separate sense/control circuit that may develop a fault even if the audio part of the stereo decoder is working. I have a 900 myself that needs to be left on a stereo station for a while before the light comes on, although it plays in stereo right away.

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)