in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-22-2011 9:12 PM by Hungedu. 22 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (23 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-11-2011 4:24 PM

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

Design concepts

Did you know these concepts by KS Design? I didn´t but like them.

http://ksdesign.dk/Gallery-SITES/product/electronics.html

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

• 12-11-2011 4:29 PM In reply to

Re: Design concepts

That's some truly terrible stuff. Thanks for the laugh.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 12-11-2011 4:38 PM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

Always a pleasure to make you laugh! At the moment his actualy in an internship at David Lewis Designers after completing his bachelor this summer from the design school.

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

• 12-11-2011 4:49 PM In reply to

I've studied design and id say these are rather inspiring and tactile!  Hey Trip, don't laughat the work, that remote is dam far better than that silly Beo5 / 6.

Great design is inspirational and should be applauded!

• 12-12-2011 12:17 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Some of the concepts are off to  good start.

I saw the original renderings of the Porsche Cayenne in Germany: Very similar to the SUV shown.

• 12-12-2011 1:00 AM In reply to

• Mikkis
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-06-2009
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Nice attitude. 

• 12-12-2011 1:24 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

I'll admit, there is some interesting stuff in there.

That "BeoSound 7" rendering reminds me of an ICE Power driven speaker (non B&O) that was shown here on the forums a while ago. Anyone remember this? It was a wooden, 3 driver center channel and it had the exact same shape.

Evan

• 12-12-2011 1:28 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Bon Jour Mikkis;

Merci pour le compliment  !

• 12-12-2011 1:51 AM In reply to

• Mikkis
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-06-2009
    • Posts 7
    • Bronze Member

Hi Swiss_2, 

My comment was for Trip.  Anyway, I do find some of the designs quite intresting, TV for example.

• 12-12-2011 4:20 AM In reply to

I like those.

• 12-12-2011 4:26 AM In reply to

Paul Winn:

I've studied design and id say these are rather inspiring and tactile!  Hey Trip, don't laughat the work, that remote is dam far better than that silly Beo5 / 6.

It's much easier to sneer ....Sad

Honestly Trip, was that necessary  Huh? !?! 

Sometimes its like someone went to central casting, and requested the "smug, self-important, look-at-me-aren't-I-clever luxury retailer, circa 1998" for a cameo.

• 12-12-2011 6:48 AM In reply to

I was not familiair with KS Design. Just had a brief look and saw nothing that I liked. Pretty much average stuff IMO. Thanks for sharing, though.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 12-12-2011 7:19 AM In reply to

To me many of them seem like odd appendices slapped on existing ideas. Like the split BV4 with a propeller. Less would be more...

The mobile phones remind me of Nokia's unorganized lineup from the early 2000's, when every team had to implement their own idea of an unusable keyboard. And so does the remote:

But anyway, I like watching stuff like that. At least we won't now be surprised when these pictures start cropping up in "have you seen this new B&O product" threads Big Smile

-mika

• 12-12-2011 1:42 PM In reply to

Interesting but average!

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 12-12-2011 2:00 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2007
    • Posts 223
    • Bronze Member

low average ! the into two pieces cutted BV4 design TV with its wrong aspect ratio must be a joke.

• 12-12-2011 7:01 PM In reply to

I totally applaud the young guy. I find his work inspirational with a soul and certainly wish him the best of luck.  I'm sure that he's spent many years studying incredibly hard for his qualifications. Certainly more worthwhile than just going out and buying another B&O product!

It's easy to criticise his work but come on, just look how ugly those BL5's are   urgghhh!!! and they cost a fortune!

• 12-12-2011 7:05 PM In reply to

folkdeejay:

Paul Winn:

It's much easier to sneer ....Sad

Honestly Trip, was that necessary  Huh? !?! 

Sometimes its like someone went to central casting, and requested the "smug, self-important, look-at-me-aren't-I-clever luxury retailer, circa 1998" for a cameo.

... and hide behind a picture of a TV actor, using a different name from the same show...

Show your name and face Mr. 'TripEnglish' LaughingLaughingLaughing

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 12-12-2011 7:39 PM In reply to

tournedos:

To me many of them seem like odd appendices slapped on existing ideas. Like the split BV4 with a propeller. Less would be more...

The mobile phones remind me of Nokia's unorganized lineup from the early 2000's, when every team had to implement their own idea of an unusable keyboard.

Yes -  thumbs up Yes. By the way -what's the idea behind that propeller under a tv??? Huh?

And, Paul...I agree that the BL5 are ugly (although it seems like many here on Beoworld like them...). But David Lewis' hands were tied on this task. The design was established in advance by the engineers in order to make the best possible sound. Have you seen the pictures from the development of those speakers?
    The early prototypes looked like a refrigerator with some discs on top of it...I think that Lewis did quite well under the circumstances.

They are not beautiful like the BL 8000's, where the design came first...but they sound better.

• 12-21-2011 9:09 PM In reply to

For some reason, the "propellor" TV is posted on this page as the Beovision12. 

http://www.facebook.com/BangOlufsenSadyba?sk=info

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 12-22-2011 7:43 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Paul Winn:

Totally agree!!

• 12-22-2011 8:21 AM In reply to

Meh. Bad design is bad design. B&O doesn't always hit it out of the park either.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 12-22-2011 5:10 PM In reply to

...and still hiding

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 12-22-2011 9:12 PM In reply to

• Hungedu
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-08-2009
    • Ambergris Caye, Belize
    • Posts 128
    • Bronze Member

The designs have potential. As many of the Bang & Olufsen designs that make it to production, sometimes they have to grow on us.... like the BeoSound 8 and BeoLab 5.

BeoVision 7-55 3D, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound 8, BeoLab 7-6, BeoLab Penta III, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 2, LC-1, BeoTime (analog clock), Form 1 headphones, Beo 4 remote.

Page 1 of 1 (23 items)