in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-08-2011 6:12 PM by moxxey. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-08-2011 8:29 AM

BeoLit 12: did you know?

Hi BeoWorlders,

Many people here talked about the BV12 and BeoLab 12-2 and 12-3, but little has been said about BeoLit 12, supposed to be the first BeoPlay gadget sold in Apple stores.

I picked up some pictures on the net, there was an FCC approval "leak" on 15/11 that gave some information on the device: I have other pictures, and must say I find the device..pretty ugly! Too "vintage" for me, I hope the rest of the Apple store range won't look that "retro"!

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 12-08-2011 9:17 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Re: BeoLit 12: did you know?

Hey Chris, I trust you saw THIS thread? Smile

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 12-08-2011 10:50 AM In reply to

That's it!

I made a search for BeoLit 12 on the general forum and found absolutely nothing! Maybe the search engine needs some improvement..Surprise

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 12-08-2011 11:24 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Did you know that it's ugly lol (in m opinion before I get shot down)

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 12-08-2011 12:35 PM In reply to

• KMA
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-13-2007
    • Posts 101
    • Silver Member

Chrisreunion:

Hi BeoWorlders,

Many people here talked about the BV12 and BeoLab 12-2 and 12-3, but little has been said about BeoLit 12, supposed to be the first BeoPlay gadget sold in Apple stores.

I picked up some pictures on the net, there was an FCC approval "leak" on 15/11 that gave some information on the device: I have other pictures, and must say I find the device..pretty ugly! Too "vintage" for me, I hope the rest of the Apple store range won't look that "retro"!

You should not think this FCC prototype is the final product. Or let's say there will be at least way less "retro-looking" variants available. And you should not compare the audio capabilites (sound quality) with Beosound 3. Other than that, my lips are sealed ;) 

KMA

Current setup: BeoVision 10-46 (grey speaker cover, AR, motorized stand) with Apple TV 2 (FireCore), Sony BDP-S780, Mac Mini, BeoLab 11 (silver), Beo5, BeoSound 8 (red speaker covers). Accessories: A8 Earphones, wine bottle coasters.

B&O product history, in chronological order since 1990, after the onset of the treaded BeoVirus (I tend to upgrade/change my setup "infrequently"): BeoSystem 2500 (with blue speaker covers), BeoLink 5000, BeoSystem 7000 (complete; silver/black), BeoLink 7000, RedLine 60.2, BeoVox Penta, BeoVision MX4000 (black, motorized floor stand), BeoCord VX5000 (black), BeoSystem 4500 (complete), BeoCenter 9500, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoVision Avant (original, 28" AR, VHS, green), BeoCenter 2300, BeoVision 3-32 (grey speaker frame, AR, motorised cabinet), DVD1 (grey), BeoCord V8000 (grey), Beo4, BeoSound Ouverture (w/ floor cabinet stand), BeoVision Avant RF (grey, 32", AR, VHS), BeoSound 9000, BeoCenter AV5 (blue), BeoVision 1 (yellow, motorized floor stand), Beo1, BeoSound Century (yellow), BeoCenter 1 (blue, AR, motorized floor stand), BeoSound 1 (silver, floor stand), BeoVision Avant RF DVD (grey, 32", AR), BeoVision 7-32 MkI (AR, motorized floor stand), BeoLab 3 (black), BeoSound 2, BeoVision 10-40 (grey speaker cover, AR, motorized stand).

• 12-08-2011 1:06 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

They just have over 2 weeks to not break one of the biggest retail rules on the planet.

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 12-08-2011 1:31 PM In reply to

• KMA
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-13-2007
    • Posts 101
    • Silver Member

Chris:

They just have over 2 weeks to not break one of the biggest retail rules on the planet.

Unfortunately, all information from dealers and elsewhere point to the fact that they will break the rule :(

It seems BeoLab 12 is the product we will see (and some have seen) before Christmas, and perhaps only the dealers' display/demo units, as the actual launch & distribution is rumored to be postponed till January. B&O should at least unveil the products now, all indications point to the fact that the products are ready, even if production cannot meet the initial demand (which, in my understanding, is why B&O are delaying the launches).

I'm hoping I'm wrong, and we'll see unveiling of products in the next two weeks. For many, it would be enough to see and hear the products before Christmas to take the plunge, even if the products themselves are delivered after the holidays. It has happened before, yet resulted in great pre-sales. Case in point: BeoVision 10.

KMA

Current setup: BeoVision 10-46 (grey speaker cover, AR, motorized stand) with Apple TV 2 (FireCore), Sony BDP-S780, Mac Mini, BeoLab 11 (silver), Beo5, BeoSound 8 (red speaker covers). Accessories: A8 Earphones, wine bottle coasters.

B&O product history, in chronological order since 1990, after the onset of the treaded BeoVirus (I tend to upgrade/change my setup "infrequently"): BeoSystem 2500 (with blue speaker covers), BeoLink 5000, BeoSystem 7000 (complete; silver/black), BeoLink 7000, RedLine 60.2, BeoVox Penta, BeoVision MX4000 (black, motorized floor stand), BeoCord VX5000 (black), BeoSystem 4500 (complete), BeoCenter 9500, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoVision Avant (original, 28" AR, VHS, green), BeoCenter 2300, BeoVision 3-32 (grey speaker frame, AR, motorised cabinet), DVD1 (grey), BeoCord V8000 (grey), Beo4, BeoSound Ouverture (w/ floor cabinet stand), BeoVision Avant RF (grey, 32", AR, VHS), BeoSound 9000, BeoCenter AV5 (blue), BeoVision 1 (yellow, motorized floor stand), Beo1, BeoSound Century (yellow), BeoCenter 1 (blue, AR, motorized floor stand), BeoSound 1 (silver, floor stand), BeoVision Avant RF DVD (grey, 32", AR), BeoVision 7-32 MkI (AR, motorized floor stand), BeoLab 3 (black), BeoSound 2, BeoVision 10-40 (grey speaker cover, AR, motorized stand).

• 12-08-2011 3:50 PM In reply to

KMA:

Chris:

Unfortunately, all information from dealers and elsewhere point to the fact that they will break the rule :(

It seems BeoLab 12 is the product we will see (and some have seen) before Christmas, and perhaps only the dealers' display/demo units, as the actual launch & distribution is rumored to be postponed till January. B&O should at least unveil the products now, all indications point to the fact that the products are ready, even if production cannot meet the initial demand (which, in my understanding, is why B&O are delaying the launches).

I'm hoping I'm wrong, and we'll see unveiling of products in the next two weeks. For many, it would be enough to see and hear the products before Christmas to take the plunge, even if the products themselves are delivered after the holidays. It has happened before, yet resulted in great pre-sales. Case in point: BeoVision 10.

+1

• 12-08-2011 6:12 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Absolutely nothing to see here :) It's late. Posted in the wrong discussion.

Anyway, Beolit 12 is delayed until Feb and we've discussed it at some length. I guess we'll need to wait until launch.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)