in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-14-2011 4:05 PM by gebi. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-07-2011 6:00 PM

• gebi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-01-2011
    • Posts 12
    • Silver Member

beogram 8002 always lowers the arm

dear all,

after cleaning the platter the arm always lowers at the beginning of the platter -- bummer

the cleaning of the platter removed the "black lines" on it.
    therefore my question: does the 8002 (- sensing arm electronics) needs the black lines on the platter to find the beginning of the vinyl-record  (from a quick look in the service manual, the sensing arm electronics is AC coupled ) ?

a perfect solution would be to get from a nice member an replacement for the now blank platter or I'll become an artist in painting.......

thanks

• 12-07-2011 7:01 PM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Re: beogram 8002 always lowers the arm

Oh dear, yes the stripes are what keep the arm from lowering! i guess you have learnt the hard way that b&o platters do not respond well to chemical cleaning!

You could somehow re-create the stripes with an old thin record mat sliced up and glued down maybe? Not the prettiest solution but the only other option would be to source a new platter - these do come up on ebay...

Olly.

• 12-14-2011 4:05 PM In reply to

• gebi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-01-2011
    • Posts 12
    • Silver Member

Re: beogram 8002 always lowers the arm

A nice member of the forum supplied  me with a new platter. Now the 8002 is working again.

The 8002 is a complex machine. Did not expect that the black lines on the platter are more than just a decoration. But thinking twice - this makes sense. If the sensing arm would just react on bright (platter) and dark (record), this method would not work reliable e.g different surrounding light conditions etc. AC coupling is the more robust solution.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)