in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-20-2012 11:15 PM by Mr10Percent. 22 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (23 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-07-2011 1:39 PM

• pf85
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Anyone with an early user report re Beo 6 WLAN and Beosound 5 ?

Scanning the posts, I don't see a lot re. how Beo 6 WLAN works in practice, i.e. how well it controls Beosound 5, where it meets and where it underruns expectations.

Still awaiting my Beo 6 reprogramming, however, if there are some "early adopters" your initial report is welcome.

Thanks

• 12-07-2011 2:33 PM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

Re: Anyone with an early user report re Beo 6 WLAN and Beosound 5 ?

Highly Recommend!

I have had it up and running for about a week now. . .

It's very cool. . .allows you to building your que from the remote. . .seems to work really well for me

Has about a 2-5 second buffer/delay but I can live with that.  .

Very nice when you're in a link room to be able to see what the BS5 has going on!

MJM

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 12-07-2011 3:11 PM In reply to

excellent addition to the BS5

works flawless

easy access to the complete music collection

• 12-17-2011 2:43 AM In reply to

I share this enthusiam. Regret however that it is not possible to create a playlist.
  • 12-17-2011 11:05 AM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

You can create a que.... What's the difference?

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 12-17-2011 6:14 PM In reply to

The difference is that you'll have to create a new queue once it has played.
  • 12-18-2011 2:04 PM In reply to

I´m an early adopter of both BS5/BM5 and now the BEO6WIFI  connection. As an IT-worker i´m used to hangups and rebooting and not so upset about that. Since the beginning I actually haven´t had any big problems with the system even tough some rebooting have been made. My system was one of the first and it has worked well with no exchange of hardware or similiar. Today sometimes the ML drops between the BM5 and BV10-46 but I guess that will be solved if I just update the software in the TV which is a little old. I then only put off the power to the TV and it works again.

About the Beo6. I am new to that one and just solved the programming yesterday. I had to download the config software and then got an inlogging to B&Os system for updating the CT5.12. After that and after that I have really charged the Beo6 for many hours the programming worked fine and the covers started to show up on the remote.

When I choose CD the Three small covers show up and I can choose Artists or Album. The Cd that is playing is to the left. The other two shall be some sort of inspiration for music but I don´t know how the system choose them. When I click/tab the left its getting larger and the playing tune shows with some info. One more click and a list of the que shows up. Here its some strange thing because the Que that is shown sometimes only say MOTS and no other info.

When choosing Artist or Album I can first choose Letter and the scroll Artist or Album. Click on an Artist and his/her Albums is shown, click on an Album and the tunes are shown. click short on a tune and it starts playing. Click and hold and you can drop it on the Que, play it now or use it as a MOTS seed. If choosen for MOTS the system doesn´t play that one but the next in the MOTS intelligence which is strange. It also seems as if you choose a tune immideate the MOTS thing doesn´t start after but perhaps I haven´t found out how. Its the same logical above as if you choose an Album. You can also do the same with an artist and every Album sets on the que.

Clicking the + in different places shows the tune that is playing with a large cover.

Sometimes the Remote has it hard to be connected to the WIFI system but that could be some problems with my LAN sender.

The same functionality seems to work in my two link rooms. One has a little bad WIFI connection but I will try to fix it someday :-).

I haven´t had time for more investigations so far but I really like it and its fun to see the covers on the remote.

Brgds Ingvar 

Collector since 1996, BS5/BM5, BL3*4, BL11, BEO6, BV10-46, BL2000, MX4002, Beocom6000, Beotalk1200

• 12-18-2011 5:28 PM In reply to

• pf85
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Thank you Ingvar for the detailed report... I will use yours to "benchmark" my installation which I should be getting finalized with Beo 6 WLAN tomorrow evening.

Will report as well.

Peter

• 12-20-2011 1:13 PM In reply to

• pf85
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Got Beo 6 updated yesterday.

Works flawlessly with Beomaster/Beosound 5.

- Key benefit is really N.Music control...

- I would have appreciated N.Radio capabilities as well (mirroring Beosound 5 Radio Station selection process)

- MOTS and Que are working well, however, as mentioned in previous tags, lag is about 3-5 seconds until titles and album art show on the display

Overall a good capability enhancement, however, more to do !

• 12-20-2011 6:15 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

I saw this asked on another thread, but never answered:

Does this Beo6 stuff work with the BS5 regardless of whether it is an audio master? 

It would seem kind of strange if this were true... then again, the 3rd party / android / apple apps seem to only work completely when the BS5 set as the audio master.  I'm not ready to get rid of my BS9000 yet, and it prefers to be master.  I would really like this new Beo6 capability.

Stan

• 12-21-2011 5:38 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Stan:

I saw this asked on another thread, but never answered:

Does this Beo6 stuff work with the BS5 regardless of whether it is an audio master? 

It would seem kind of strange if this were true... then again, the 3rd party / android / apple apps seem to only work completely when the BS5 set as the audio master.  I'm not ready to get rid of my BS9000 yet, and it prefers to be master.  I would really like this new Beo6 capability.

Stan

Yes. Two-way function works great in my setup. It`s a BS9000 (audiomaster), BV7-40 MKIII (videomaster) and BS5 - set to NO AUDIOMASTER and SERVER OFF. Does also work all over the haouse in all linkrooms - two video links and four audio links.

After upgrading your Beo6 with CT 5.12 you will find two (!) N.MUSIC buttons, a white one and a red one. The red one is the "old" N.MUSIC button with the color favorite lists, presets, etc. The whit white one is the new two way function. I found this a bit confusing, so I renamed the new N.MUSIC button to "SEARCH..." and placed this button to the first page of the "old" N.MUSIC button, which is now white again.

Pressing N.MUSIC will activate the whole system like before, but now there is an additional button called SEARCH...which activates the wifi function.

I think it`s a big improvement to the BS5 like the new CD ripper is. Just insert a CD and about a minute later the CD starts playing (from HDD) while ripping the rest of the CD. This depends on the settings in your BS5.

Enjoy the new wifi function.

Stefan

• 12-21-2011 10:35 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Thanks for the info on the Beo6... yeah, I'm also leaning toward getting the CD ripper, too.  Glad to hear your positive experience with this.

Stan

• 12-21-2011 2:25 PM In reply to

• pf85
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Stan:

In my setup (same room). BS 3200 as audiomaster, BS5 audiomaster no / music server no. Works well.

• 12-23-2011 3:55 PM In reply to

What option setting do you have the 3200 in? Do you have TVs connected also?

I have a 5 and a 3000. If I connect both of them to the system it causes some problems. Such as, if I want to switch from a CD in the 3000 to N.Music instead of switching, the 3000 shuts off. Similarly, if I try to switch from N. Music to a CD, both the 5 and the 3000 shut off.

Thanks!

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 12-23-2011 4:34 PM In reply to

@Razlaw

I presume you'll have the BS5 and BS3000 connected to the BV7-55 and the BL's are connected to the BV7 also.

BS5 setting: AUDIO MASTER - OFF (so you do not have to set an option)

BS3000  option 0

It seems your system is confused about which BS is the audio master! Therefore it switches the way it does.

• 12-23-2011 5:23 PM In reply to

Bls connected to BV 10 and BV7. Everything connected by Masterlink. 5 and 3000 in same room as BV10.

I thought I had tried all combinations of Audio Master on/off and options including the one you suggested. I must have missed that one. It seems to work.

Thanks!  

Only two issues, which I do not think can be solved, at least not without bringing in other issues, are:

As BV7 is the Master, spinning the wheel on the Beosound 5 itself turns the speakers on in the other room, where the BV7 is, instead of turning speakers on in the room where the BV 10 is.

If the BV 10 is set as Master, then the timer function in the 7 is lost. 

• 12-23-2011 8:48 PM In reply to

Griebel:

I agree. The Beo6 wi-fi works great; however, there are some features of the BeoSound 5 that are lost. You have to go to the next screen of the Beo6 to find the "hidden" RED N.Music screen to be able to access playlists and MOTS. After living with MOTS for 2 years, I truly miss it when the music stops playing after using the 2-way wifi Beo6 function. It would seem to be a quite easy thing for B&O to integrate the WHITE and RED N.Music screens into one unified screen on the Beo6 to access playlists as well as MOTS.

• 12-24-2011 12:06 AM In reply to

beojeff:
    there are some features of the BeoSound 5 that are lost.

is the glass half empty or half full?

I would comment that you gain a lot. Before this, it was very basic to controll the BS5 with a remote; and for sure MOTS is integrated. Try Album, pick a song in the list and hold the button. A sub menu is displayed which also says............ MOTS!

I can't find major features which are lost!

• 12-24-2011 4:58 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

beojeff:

Griebel:

I agree. The Beo6 wi-fi works great; however, there are some features of the BeoSound 5 that are lost. You have to go to the next screen of the Beo6 to find the "hidden" RED N.Music screen to be able to access playlists and MOTS. After living with MOTS for 2 years, I truly miss it when the music stops playing after using the 2-way wifi Beo6 function. It would seem to be a quite easy thing for B&O to integrate the WHITE and RED N.Music screens into one unified screen on the Beo6 to access playlists as well as MOTS.

You are right. It is quite easy to integrate the white and red N.MUSIC button. I renamed the white N.MUSIC button to SEARCH... and placed it to the first page of the "old" red N.MUSIC button. Now I have the old N.MUSIC button with an additional button called SEARCH...

But I`m sure, if Beo had exactly done this, a lot of users would have complained that you have to press two (!) buttons to access the two-way-function...

See my post above.

Stefan

• 12-24-2011 6:19 AM In reply to

• pf85
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Razlaw:

What option setting do you have the 3200 in? Do you have TVs connected also?

I have a 5 and a 3000. If I connect both of them to the system it causes some problems. Such as, if I want to switch from a CD in the 3000 to N.Music instead of switching, the 3000 shuts off. Similarly, if I try to switch from N. Music to a CD, both the 5 and the 3000 shut off.

Thanks!

Razlaw, BS 3200 audiomaster, option 0 - BS5 audiomaster off. Both in the same room. Connected via BV7 as master.

The other way round with BS5 as master and BS3200 as slave did not work... it seemed to "double" commands on BS 3200 whenever I used it (skipping from 1 to 3 when fwd CDs).

I am not very well versed in the option programming, but the current setup is very stable

• 01-20-2012 10:24 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

I got my Beo6 working last night.  My initial impression is that it is wonderful.  I do hope they add similar functionality for N.Radio.  Also, MOTS vs. no MOTS in the queue is a little confusing.  It seems like, at times, MOTS just shows up... which wouldn't be an issue - I'd rather have MOTS than PAUSE, but once MOTS is in the queue, it seems to ignore additional songs (and you may not realize this until you've selected 3 or 4 songs only to have a different song play, then you look at the queue, and none of your songs are there).  Also, I like the touch screen on the Beo6 much better than the squishy Beo5.

It was much easier to setup thanks to the info on this thread (like having to add the BS5 to the config AFTER you upgrade the Beo6 firmware - thanks Stefan), and the instructions on use...  I didn't figure out the "long hold" vs. "short click" until I re-read Ingvar's excellent post.  I would hope that I would have eventually figured this out, but so much quicker to learn from others experiences.

Any clue as to what the use and/or algorithm for choosing the 3 pictures on the main N.Music page (well, sure the left most picture is the currently playing song, but the other 2 seem to always be the same)?

Stan

• 01-20-2012 1:05 PM In reply to

I had a similar question about the three covers. Here is the answer I received..

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/42812.aspx

• 01-20-2012 11:15 PM In reply to

There are a number of idiosyncracies in the Beo6 which I have discovered and once learnt make the experience richer.

1. Connecting Wifi with search was always a problem. auto/WPS code seems to work the best

2. Re-inserting the WPS code after every config download save.

3. You must download on a full battery. Otherwise, hard reset and a minimum of 4 hours solil plug-in-the wall recharging

4. Red and white N.Music buttons. One is for two-way emulation, the other is not.

5. That you cannot edit/re-program the two-way N.music submenu or page

6. Config products with check boxes (N.Music/N.Radio on Beo6 which uses TP2 and PH codes when your BS5 is recoded to CD and Radio codes)

7. Ditto with the BV10 using TV rather than DTV codes.

8. Select and Album or Artist on the 2-way N.music button - you must press and hold to get a submenu. Then the Beo6 will instruct the BS5 to play an album or to add to the queue

9. No idea how the Beo6 identifies the centre album (of three). Last uploaded is what I was told. However my "uploaded" album is not the one shown. Not certain what metafile/tag is controlling that.

I'm away from my Beo6 for a few weeks now with work but what would be excellent in my opinion is that the Beo6 volume wheel is relocated to the inner step_up/Step_down buttons on the navigation centre and the volume wheel is re-tasked to select the albums/tracks/queue up or down just like the BS5 wheel. That would be better than using the iPodesque strocking up/down on the glass panel.

speaking of which, the Beo6 glass panel does seem more resisitant to finger-print marks/glaze than the old glass on the Beo5.

Page 1 of 1 (23 items)