in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-12-2011 3:42 AM by f5434964. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-07-2011 5:01 AM

New to config tool

I have just started using the CT5.12. 

My Beo5 was first programed by my dealer. However, I wanted to make some adjustments to it myself and when I load the program, I cannot access the existing program on the Beo5. Instead I have to commence everything from scratch. I am a bit hesitant as I have not configured the Beo5 before and if I start from scratch, it may not work properly...and I might have to go back to my dealer and pay lots of $$$! 

Am I doing something wrong?

• 12-07-2011 6:34 AM In reply to

Re: New to config tool

Yes your have to start allover again.

You can not import the configuration from the beo5 to the computer, sorry.

My Bang & Olufsen....

• BeoCenter 2 DAB/DVD mk.II
    • BeoVision 7-40 DVD mk.III
    • BeoLab Penta mk.III
    • BeoLab 4000 icepower
    • BeoLab 4000
    • BeoLab 3500
    • Beo 5
    • Beo 4 mk.I & mk.III
    •  
    • Beocom 6000
    •  
    • A8 Earphones

• 12-07-2011 8:18 AM In reply to

• kurfuer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-22-2007
    • Dresden
    • Posts 35
    • Founder

You have to ask your dealer to get the directory of your Beo5 serial number from "...beo5configTool\Clients" program directory.

The Config tool creates a new directory inside "Clients" for every new Beo5 connected to the computer, this directory is named <serial number of new Beo5>. If you got this directory (and overwrite the local one created after connecting the Beo5), you can load your existing configuration and can change it.

There is no option to read the config from Beo5, it's one-way...

• 12-09-2011 5:59 PM In reply to

Ok thanks for the advice. 

I doubt the dealer will give me the file from their directory as they will want me to keep going back to pay for programming! Think I'll bite the bullet and configure it myself. 

• 12-10-2011 3:39 AM In reply to

You Can make the file your self, it take a little time the first time but you well find it easy.

Here is a video demo http://beoforum.dk/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=338 and one more here http://beoforum.dk/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=339 -hope its help you :-)

My Bang & Olufsen....

• BeoCenter 2 DAB/DVD mk.II
    • BeoVision 7-40 DVD mk.III
    • BeoLab Penta mk.III
    • BeoLab 4000 icepower
    • BeoLab 4000
    • BeoLab 3500
    • Beo 5
    • Beo 4 mk.I & mk.III
    •  
    • Beocom 6000
    •  
    • A8 Earphones

• 12-10-2011 9:54 AM In reply to

Can i  program the buttons on the wheel stop play back  stanby  in equipment not bang?
    After editing a button that will put the information is not recorded ctools 5
    thanks
    Sorryfor  my English

• 12-12-2011 3:42 AM In reply to

Hi!

This should work - I've done this with commands through a XML-file; you are abble create soft keys and you programm the IR.codes to the hard keys as well! I have the same issue as you wrote - within the ConfigTool the new IR-commands are not shown but in "real life" it works fine!

regards elmar 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)