in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-08-2011 8:47 AM by Weebyx. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-06-2011 8:47 AM

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Beomaster 7000 + AirPort Express = Low Volume

Hi all.

I have connected an AirPort Express to the Tape1 input on my BM7000, but the sound is very low, and another "funny" issues is that if i listen to radio or cd, and the AirPort is playing, the music from Tape1 is heard in the background... i guess this is "normal" since the Beosystem 7000 always has one and only one source playing at once, so no reason to turn off i inputs ?

But what to do about the low sound from AirPort Express ?

Anyone ?

/Weebyx

• 12-06-2011 9:54 AM In reply to

• mhw
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-29-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 207
    • Gold Member

Re: Beomaster 7000 + AirPort Express = Low Volume

It sounds like you have connected the Airport Express to the Tape 1 output instead of the Tape 1 input!

What kind of DIN-adapter do you use?

Magnus

• 12-06-2011 4:39 PM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

I am using a minijack to DIN, where the connections from minijack to DIN is using pin 2,3,5 when you are looking at the DIN connector on this page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIN_connector

/Weebyx

• 12-06-2011 5:25 PM In reply to

Using pin 2,3,5 is right.

Is the volume of your source (iTunes, iPod) set to maximum?

• 12-08-2011 3:37 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Yes everything is set to max.

I was wondering if it was the Tape input that had trouble, but then i connected my tv to tape instead of tv/aux, and then the volume was fine.

So it is not the tape input, although i think it is funny that if the BM7000 is set to aux, and i turn on the airport on tape1, then the sound from airport can be heard at the same time as the tv/aux input. But maybe this was B&O's way of just skipping corners since none of the other devices from the 7000 range could play at the same time.

Does anyone else that own a BM7000 confirm that this is true ?

/Weebyx

• 12-08-2011 3:52 AM In reply to

Weebyx:

So it is not the tape input, although i think it is funny that if the BM7000 is set to aux, and i turn on the airport on tape1, then the sound from airport can be heard at the same time as the tv/aux input. But maybe this was B&O's way of just skipping corners since none of the other devices from the 7000 range could play at the same time.

Does anyone else that own a BM7000 confirm that this is true ?

No it isn't. It's technically impossible with the way the program selector is implemented. The only way this can happen is that you are playing the AE into the tape outputs, i.e with a cable wired for the wrong direction as mhw suggested.

Forget about the Wikipedia page (I find those pin number explanations in words incredibly hard to follow) and look closely at the actual DIN plug. They usually have numbers beside the pins, and if it doesn't, compare to some original B&O cable, which do. I'm almost sure you'll find that it is actually wired to pins 2, 1 and 4.

Or, try connecting the AE to the CD input. It doesn't have the output direction wired at all, and you probably won't hear a peep.

*edit, and rant mode on*

I mean, the Interwebs are full of all kinds of DIN connector pinout pages, one messier after another, and none of them bother to provide a simple 3D view you could compare to an actual plug in your hand without thinking twice. So, to save the mankind from hours and hours of frustration, I hereby provide this totally groundbreaking graphic:

Smile

-mika

• 12-08-2011 5:11 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Thank you very much, i actually consider myself somewhat technical, but i have just checked my cable, and according to your info, the cable is actually wired so that it is using pin 1 and 4 on your drawing...

And to confirm this, no sound when pluggin into the cd connector :)

Boy i feel stupid right now :)

Thanks alot

/Weebyx

• 12-08-2011 5:38 AM In reply to

No problem - I'll need that picture myself in the future Laughing

Edit: picture updated to make it completely self-contained...

-mika

• 12-08-2011 8:47 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

I have just soldered a new DIN connector on the existing wire with the correct connections, and behooold, everything is dandy...

/Weebyx

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)