in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-04-2011 4:16 PM by Wade. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-03-2011 11:52 AM

• Wade
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 08-16-2011
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

I don't think that is supposed to happen... Beomaster 2400

After emailing a few places around NYC to find out where I could get my first Beomaster 2400 diagnosed/repaired I decided that for the same price I could just pickup another one from eBay. With unit number one tucked in storage and unit number two freshly hooked up I thought I was on my way. After tipping the Beomaster (towards the front of the unit) to plug in the second set of speakers (using S45's for the front and CX100's for the rear) the entire left side of both speakers dies--after a quick popping sound.

After a moment of frustration, I tipped the Beomaster the other direction (now towards the back) and magically the left side speakers started working again. I presume that this is simply a loose connection and eventually it will have to be repaired? Thoughts?

BTW, I will post up my CX100 refoaming photos soon--it was a messy and fun process!

Wade 

• 12-03-2011 12:40 PM In reply to

Re: I don't think that is supposed to happen... Beomaster 2400

Wade:
    I presume that this is simply a loose connection and eventually it will have to be repaired? Thoughts?

Same thoughts!

Wade:

BTW, I will post up my CX100 refoaming photos soon--it was a messy and fun process!

Looking forward, the cloths are still okay?

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 12-03-2011 1:14 PM In reply to

• mediabobny
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Greenwich Village, NYC
    • Posts 336
    • Founder

Wade:
    After emailing a few places around NYC to find out where I could get my first Beomaster 2400 diagnosed/repaired I decided that for the same price I could just pickup another one from eBay.

I'm surprised to hear this.  I would have guessed that for a lot less you could pick up a new one on eBay. Smile   But seriously, if you'd like an alternative to the expensive places here in town send me a PM and I'll reply.  I'd mention their name here on the forum but frankly I've already given them enough 'plugs'.

• 12-04-2011 4:16 PM In reply to

• Wade
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 08-16-2011
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

The cloth covers were past their prime so I striped down the frames and glued parts that had broken in preparation to recover them. I have a small apartment with poor ventilation so I will do it at home over the holidays. The CX's are Black and after some thought I decided to stick with the black fabric.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)