in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-28-2012 8:51 PM by Jeff. 195 replies.
Page 6 of 8 (196 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-09-2008 1:52 AM In reply to

• mediabobny
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Greenwich Village, NYC
    • Posts 336
    • Founder

Re: The last film you watched and said &quot;I really enjoyed that&quot;

Stars:

As for Daniel Craig, I still don't think he's the 'correct' Bond, but I enjoyed it nevertheless.

Agreed, but perhaps not for the same reason.  Based on his last performance his character wasn't very likeable.  How are we supposed to root for Bond if we don't even like him?  The quintessential Bond film will always be Goldfinger.  IMHO.

• 11-09-2008 9:46 AM In reply to

Re: The last film you watched and said &amp;quot;I really enjoyed that&amp;quot;

I saw recently a smal selection from the movie Barnyard while I was waiting in the (kids) corner from a clothingstore.

I coudn't trace the film on DVD at some stores I walked by. So I downloaded (DiVX) it and watched it on my PS3/avant.

A really hilarious movie, especially the opening scene.

• 11-09-2008 11:43 AM In reply to

mediabobny:
    Stars:

As for Daniel Craig, I still don't think he's the 'correct' Bond, but I enjoyed it nevertheless.

Agreed, but perhaps not for the same reason.  Based on his last performance his character wasn't very likeable.  How are we supposed to root for Bond if we don't even like him?  The quintessential Bond film will always be Goldfinger.  IMHO.

I saw Quantum of Solace this afternoon and in my opinion it's not a proper Bond movie. It lacks the irony, puns and subtleties the old Bond movies had. And although I liked Daniel Craig in Layer Cake, I don't think he's a very good James Bond. But the movie is still enjoyable...

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-09-2008 1:42 PM In reply to

I watched QoS last week and imo Craig is to me the best Bond to date.  QoS is a fantastic film and the scenes are amazing.

Apparantly, DC's Bond films will all be about the Quantum group so cannot wait until the next one comes out! 

• 11-11-2008 1:18 PM In reply to

James Bond - Quantum of solace!

What a movie!

I'm soon changing Daniel Craig to the best ever bond. Sean Connery is/was my favorite  before/perhaps still but it's very close.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 12-11-2008 12:36 AM In reply to

Re: What was the last film you watched & said "I really enjoyed that"

PINEAPPLE EXPRESS
    The most hilarious, yet ridiculous film I have ever seen. 
    Not suitable for minors though :P
    Before that it was Dark Knight - AMAZING
    I have orange wednesdays so i go every wednesday after college

Stock Music | Free Sound Effects | Royalty Free Music 

• 12-11-2008 1:57 PM In reply to

I watched the TV movie The Andromeda Strain.

In this movie the mobile phone Serene is several times prominent in the picture. Didn't saw this before ever. Seems a nice phone to use...

http://www.bang-olufsen.com/serene-mobile

• 12-14-2008 12:21 PM In reply to

Last film I watched was will smith in Hancock..

so funny.It's about a run down super hero,whos lost it and dont care but a markating manager decides to use him to go up the ladder but in the end helps him to become the superhero he IS.

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 04-04-2009 5:26 AM In reply to

I hadn't been to the cinema for ages, so I went last night. Watched Gran Torino. Excellent movie.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 04-04-2009 8:12 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

beocool:

I hadn't been to the cinema for ages, so I went last night. Watched Gran Torino. Excellent movie.

Beocool, I would have o agree. Watched it a couple of weeks ago myself, very good film.Wink

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 06-12-2009 8:06 PM In reply to

• Movie
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

Anyone seen "Taken"  Liam Nesson movie.

• 06-28-2009 4:32 PM In reply to

Just saw the Hangover. Terrific fun!

• 06-29-2009 10:03 AM In reply to

Last week we watched Transporter 3 with Jason Statham (also from The Italian Job and the very good picture "The Bank Job")

A bit over the top with the car-chasing  but still very exiting.

• 08-04-2009 8:55 AM In reply to

"In The Loop"

I haven't laughed that hard at a movie in years!

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 08-04-2009 3:45 PM In reply to

Last week it was "Ice Age 3" 3D (3 dimensions).

Excellent !

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 08-05-2009 5:17 PM In reply to

• George
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-22-2009
    • Greece
    • Posts 44
    • Gold Member

The digitally remastered George Luca's THX 1138. In my opinion one of the greatest movies made , this was the 3rd time i watched it last being about 6 years ago.

Soundtrack by Lalo Schifrin ( Dirty Harry movies , etc ) is superb and the whole movie is what basically was animal farm for communism but for capitalism only instead of pigs there are AI robots. A superb movie that also seems it was made yesterday and not in the 70s.... The scene of the chase with the racing Lolas ( Le Mans 70s racing cars  ) inside a tunnel is a great demo for any decent 6.1 system . The sound detail is so superb no surprise the movie title THX is used to indicate  superb sound in movies

Carpe Diem

• 08-07-2009 5:05 PM In reply to

Only I can say is WOW .... WOW !!!

Worm recommendation !

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 08-07-2009 5:06 PM In reply to

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 08-07-2009 5:10 PM In reply to

And OSTROV !

Someone who like Tarkovsky, this is beautiful !!!

• 08-07-2009 5:34 PM In reply to

Re: The last film you watched and said "I really enjoyed that"

Richard:

Brilliant. Best film I've seen in a long time. 

Outstanding !!! Yes -  thumbs up

• 08-09-2009 9:09 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

The Bourne Ultimatum.

Evan

• 09-02-2009 2:43 PM In reply to

beocool:

PD:

beocool:
    I saw Groundhog Day last week. I saw it about ten years ago and had forgotten how good it is.

I watched that today. And yesterday, and the day before that. I've a feeling it's on tomorrow.... Wink

LaughingLaughingLaughing Well, it certainly wasn't on last weekend. I saw another classic: Unforgiven

Over here in Holland it was on the telly yesterday. Again!

• 10-07-2009 5:08 AM In reply to

Went to the cinema last Sunday to watch "Inglourious Basterds". Doesn't live up to the hype, but it still is very enjoyable.

• 01-04-2010 4:24 AM In reply to

Had a grand outing to our IMAX theatre and saw 

A V A T A R    <<-- which after 17 days has grossed USB1.0B !!!

and I enjoyed the 3D, the sound effects, and the story with its messages about ecological disaster and military misadventures.

My sons criticised the story line for being archetypal and generic ... but they too loved the special effects.  

And the friends who accompanied us were also very positive.

The only person who did not enjoy the 3D and sounds was the missus who suffered from some motion sickness.

Anyone lese seen it ?  I could easily go a second time just to take in the special effects ...

( So how long before consumer electronics [let alone B&O] adopt 3D ??? And I suspect this movie would not even fit on a to Blu-Ray Disc ... )

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-05-2010 12:13 AM In reply to

• bossbrad
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-02-2009
    • Colorado, USA
    • Posts 57
    • Gold Member

Precious... Amazing film. Excellent performances from the entire cast.

Page 6 of 8 (196 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next >