in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-21-2012 5:57 AM by nico vercammen. 26 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-01-2011 4:03 PM

• Alias
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2008
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

No valid configuration!

Hi

I installed the new firmware on my Beo6. But after the Beo ConfigTool 5.12 installed the firmware, it always displays on my Beo6: "no valid configuration". I tried everything but I cannot solve the problem. The ConfigTool also doesn't recognize my Beo6. :-(

Can you help me please?

Thank you

• 12-01-2011 4:24 PM In reply to

Re: No valid configuration!

The first thing to do is switch off the Beo6 by pressing the centre button for many seconds.

After it has turned off, put it back into the stand and try again.

Regards Keith....

• 12-01-2011 5:07 PM In reply to

• Alias
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2008
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

I tried it already couple of times. I put it back to the stand which is connected over usb and electricity. It still displays: no valid configuration

• 12-04-2011 3:39 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

What does the Info menu in CT 5.12 say about your Beo6?

And do you have a BS5 in your setup? I Think yes...:)

Stefan

• 12-04-2011 4:43 AM In reply to

you'll have to configure the IP adress of your Beosound 5 in the setup menu of the Beo6. The problem is that this config need to be find in the screen, on an ghost boutton !!!

When you press stand by + Go you'll go to the setup screen of the Beo6 then you'll press Wireless (not sure because mine is french version), you see at the screen the Manual button just above press the screen, you'll have to enter the IP adress of your Beomaster 5. If you don't do this, there'll be no connection at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BV7-40, BL9, BL4000, BL2000, BV6-26, Beosound 5, Avant70

• 12-04-2011 1:38 PM In reply to

Hi, can you send me a link to where I might find the latest Config Tool (5.12) for the Beo 6?  many thanks

• 12-05-2011 8:47 AM In reply to

• Alias
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2008
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

I could solve the problem. The problem is that I use the Beo5/6 config tool on my Mac with parallel desktop. That's why it always loses the USB connection. I connected to a windows computer and now I can download the configuration without problem. 

@greztaylor: I got it from my Bang & Olufsen retailer. Where can I upload the file? It is around 150mb. 

• 12-16-2011 9:10 AM In reply to

Hi, I have the same problem but the Config Tools is actually being halted in the "Writing animation" phase and nothing happens. "No Valid Configuration is displayed. In the CT 5.12 I can see the Firmware to be version 2.11a. If I loosen the Beo6 a little from the stand the CT 5.12 goes to the next phase but stops suddenly.

Rebooting the Beo6 doesn´t help and holding it firmly with my hands dont either. I checked the USB-software and it looks OK.

Any suggestions? The remote is brand new. Perhaps the battery level is to low?

I just downloaded the CT 5.12 via Internet and hasn´t been connected to Beo Servers yet.

Brgds Ingvar

Collector since 1996, BS5/BM5, BL3*4, BL11, BEO6, BV10-46, BL2000, MX4002, Beocom6000, Beotalk1200

• 12-16-2011 4:08 PM In reply to

I got same problem before.

If you have windows PC, it should be installed "Net Framework ver.3.5(at least)" on your computer.

I have two PC (laptop, desktop).

When I got "No vailed configuration" I changed another PC(with NET Framework 3.5), re-install 5.12CTtool then Beo6 back to normal.

Also updated 2 way function.

I think CTtool 5.12 software might be made based on Microsoft NET Framework so software need specific NET Framework version (at least Ver 3.5)

You can download NET Framework 3.5 in the microsoft website.

• 12-16-2011 11:37 PM In reply to

Now it worked!! The battery level seems important Stick out tongue

Now I'm up to some programming :-)

Thanks for your input, brgds Ingvar

Collector since 1996, BS5/BM5, BL3*4, BL11, BEO6, BV10-46, BL2000, MX4002, Beocom6000, Beotalk1200

• 12-25-2011 6:02 AM In reply to

Got an usb issue. Configuration windows 7 --> Windows xp mode version conf. Tool v5.12

After loading it disconnects itself updated .inf with driversoftware, doesn't work. Keeps giving invallid configuration

Used another pc just under xp same issues, downgraded to 4.12 still same problem.

I have now firmware o.o version on the beo6 and used 2 different usb dockings so that should not be the problem. Beo 6 is fully charged.

I have the idea that while updating the firmware of the beo 6 windows disconnected the usb device and now it is no longer possible to update.

I can only switch the beo 6 off and on, I can not reah the servicemenu on the beo 6 as wel.

Did it completely die and does it have to go to the dealer or has someone got another idea, I am desperate, I spend hours and hours installing and removing the software and updated also to 3.15

Thank you

Wanna play?!! (Also a PRIZEWINNER ON BEOWORLD!) 

• 12-25-2011 6:17 AM In reply to

Sorry not 3.15 but MS framework 3.5

• 12-25-2011 8:14 AM In reply to

I was having a similar problem. However, I found something odd to happen: After getting the "invalid configuration" message, I would charge the Beo6 for about an hour. Then, when I would reconnect the Beo6 to the computer via USB, the Beo6 would turn on and show that it had, indeed, loaded the full configuration and functioned perfectly.

• 12-26-2011 2:25 AM In reply to

I have recharched it for more then 2 days, I am affraid the firmware-update didn't succeed becaused windows killed tthe usb connection while updating..

• 12-26-2011 1:43 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Did you try to power Beo6 completely off and on again?

Does the CT 5.12 detect your Beo6?

Did you control the configuration before transmitting it to your Beo6?

Did you try to transmit the config. again?

Stefan

• 12-27-2011 12:12 AM In reply to

Hi stefan. I have put in just a Beovision in one room nothing more because I first want to getting in working order. I powerd it down and up. The software sees my beo 6 but when it has passed the test it wants to write to the beo 6 it justs lits up and then.. Nothing. Lost usb connection and windows doesn't recognises it anymore. Installed the .inf software as well.

• 12-27-2011 12:14 AM In reply to

Did you try to transmit the config. again?

Stefan

I have tried sending it about 30 times... If this what you mean. Downgraded to 4.12 nothing getting desperate.

• 12-27-2011 6:09 AM In reply to

chucky:
    I have recharched it for more then 2 days, I am affraid the firmware-update didn't succeed becaused windows killed tthe usb connection while updating..

This may seem obvious but did you recharge it on the charger plugged into the mains power socket or on the USB on the computer? on my Beo5 I had to charge on the mains because even leaving it plugged into the USB for a day didn't seem to charge it enough but an hour on the mains and I was able to get it to work.

Stoobie

• 12-27-2011 6:22 AM In reply to

No I got a wall charger as wrl plugged in the mains.

Thanks anyway

• 12-28-2011 12:10 PM In reply to

Generally speaking if you get the "No Valid Configuration" message you need to perform a hard reset by pressing and holding the centre button on the Beo6 for 30 seconds. When you release your finger place it on the base connected to the charger (not the USB) as a full reset also makes the battery empty.

When the battery is fully charged, try again..

Regards Keith....

• 12-29-2011 1:12 PM In reply to

Thanks Leith powered it down for 30 seconds and put it on the wall charger. It came immidiatly after putting the plug, not usb, with the same error message.

Do i need to charge it now and setup again or am I stlli doing something wrong. ( i did not now it would empty the battery as wel)

Thanks

Chucky

• 12-29-2011 2:38 PM In reply to

You need to charge it up on the charger and then download a configuration again.

Regards Keith....

• 01-20-2012 4:38 PM In reply to

I have similar (strange) problems with beo6
    I tried to upload a new configuration and now it does not respond anymore ...
    It worked for a week, but when updating with some minor changes if goes completely off line
    There is no text showing on the display, only the backlight goes on for a fews seconds.
    As soon as i put it on the charger the backlight goes on, and it stays like that for hours.
    The PC does not recognise the beo6 anymore.
    It gives the impression the internal software is wiped away ... 
    I can try a long reset and put it on the charger again for a whole night but i do not have not a  good feeling ..
    Any ideas what could go wrong ? 

nico

• 01-20-2012 5:36 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Last of the Summer Wine Country, Yorkshire, UK
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

I've got config 4.11 - if your on Skype I can send the file across - its 114mb but i'm on a quick connection if you are. If you want to email me via forum I will add you to Skype and I can send it across.

Beosound 8, Beotalk 1100, Beocom 4, A8 Headphones, Form 2 Headphones, Apple iPhone 4S, iPod Classic, iPad 1, Sky+ HD, Sony Playstation 3, Jacob Jensen T10, Lutron Rania IR Dual Dimmer/ Accesory dimmer, B+O A9 Keyring (SOLD), Beolit 600 (SOLD), Apple Airport Express, Beo5

• 01-21-2012 3:57 AM In reply to

thanks, but why would i need that version ?
    anyway i have both 4.11 and 5.12 running on differenet systems and the problem is identical, beo6 is not recognised (it was in the beginning, I have also a  beo5 wich is recognised without any problem), so there should be no problem on the computer. 

the beo6 was during the whole night on the charger but no difference ...
    no text on the display, only backlight on when on the charger...
    Should it de-charge / charge longer than 12 hours ?
    Why is the backlight on when on the charger ?

nico

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >