in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-26-2012 12:02 PM by moxxey. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-30-2011 2:23 PM

• Tim
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 01-07-2008
    • Germany
    • Posts 114
    • Bronze Member

Beovision 10-46 in 3D in 2012 ?

Currently I own a Beovision 7-32 and I wonder if it is the right moment for an upgrade to 46 inch. I really like watching 3D Movies in the cinema, and I actually enjoyed to watch a movie on a Beovision 7-55. I do not want to buy a Beovision 7 because this TV is a little bit to big for my taste (oh well, in fact this thing is huge! ). Additionally in my opinion the design of the Beovision 7 is a little bit outdated, although I still like looking at my Beovision 7 somehow.

Now I am thinking if I could expect the Beovision 10 Series to be updated with 3D Displays during the next year. Usually I use TVs for around 5 years, so if I change now and the Beovision gets updated next year to 3D, I will be a little bit, well, sad - if you know what I mean.

So, my question is: should I go for the Beovision 10-46 or should I wait until it will be available with a 3D Panel? Or is it like my AD said (honestly I do not trust him regarding this), that there definately will be no Beovision 10 with 3D?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

• 02-25-2012 3:43 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Re: Beovision 10-46 in 3D in 2012 ?

Anyone?

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 02-25-2012 4:05 PM In reply to

According to official info from B&O there are no plans for a 3D BV10.

BV7-40MK4BR,7-32,6-22,6-23,6-26,BSnd5,9000,BLab9,3,4000,2,BCom2,6000,Btalk1200,LC2s,Lutron

• 02-25-2012 4:20 PM In reply to

A. I know of no plans to adapt the BeoVision 10 to 3D

B. 3D remains a non-starter across the TV industry. Consumer demand drove the painful conversion to 16x9 HD, there is no demand to do the same for 3D

C. There is compelling evidence that 3D requires an immersive experience which can't be offered on such a small screen. I'm not personally sold on the fact that the 55" & 65" tvs really deliver a worthwhile experience. 

So if we never come out with a 3D television in the small to mid size range I'll be just fine. 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 02-25-2012 7:15 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Tim:

So, my question is: should I go for the Beovision 10-46 or should I wait until it will be available with a 3D Panel? Or is it like my AD said (honestly I do not trust him regarding this), that there definately will be no Beovision 10 with 3D?

2013 is a year away and that is a long time in the electronics business. No-one could be 100% sure of anything, but as Trip says, demand for 3D isn't really there, so TV manufacturers are looking at other ways to get users to upgrade, by building internet services in to your TV and introducing OLED panels. The latter should be the big event for 2013 and will make far more difference to your viewing experience than a 3D panel.

I bought a BV10-46 in December and am really happy with the up/downgrade from my BV7-40. I can't see any major changes happening with the BV10-46 in the next year or so and if you want to connect internet services to your TV, get an Apple TV and control it via your iPhone or iPad. It works brilliantly.

• 02-26-2012 7:39 AM In reply to

Tim,

I've mentioned in other threads that there is too much focus on the display technology. Don't use this as a buying decision. This is not the big news or where you should focus IMOP. If you talk to the TV companies, their big areas of focus are on the picture engines, their interface and combining them with content services with greater adoption. The big things for 2012/13 will likely be the interface and how you control your TV; either through voice or gestures, simplifing the integration and use between different components (a B&O traditional strong point) and the networking of these components to content share across the home/cloud in HD.

Screens will move on every 8-9 months; brighter, faster, cheaper - but honestly they don't make the experience better (except for a little while.) When you calibrate them back to how a movie should be, you pretty much remove all the perceived benefit you've just gained.

Standby - TV is about the make a big leap and screen technology is a pure red herring.

By the way, B&O know this and from when I last spoke to someone from Struer, they were working on stuff. Whether their software guys can compete is another issue.

Hope that helps!

• 02-26-2012 8:05 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

I was interested because I'm paying for a brand spanking new one in Black and red from Newcastle tommorow. I can't wait.

Is the PS3 the best option for Blu Ray? I don't want a £200 simple player when I may as well get the PS3. Do I have to spend £200 or is there a cheaper simpler option controlled by the Beo 6?

A Beovision 10-40 in black and red fret on order, Beo4, Beo6, many A8's, a pair of white and yellow Form 2's, Beocom 4, 28 inch Avant RF DVD, Apple TV and a wife that loves this stuff as much as i do! 

• 02-26-2012 10:07 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Chris:

I was interested because I'm paying for a brand spanking new one in Black and red from Newcastle tommorow. I can't wait.

I still really love my BV10-46 with red fret. Superb. I have an orange and black fret, too. Orange can be a little too bright though.

Chris:

Is the PS3 the best option for Blu Ray? I don't want a £200 simple player when I may as well get the PS3. Do I have to spend £200 or is there a cheaper simpler option controlled by the Beo 6?

I don't bother with Blu-ray anymore. I'm now using the Apple TV for either pushing content from the iPad to the TV or renting movies. But if I do want to watch an old Blu-ray, I'll use the PS3. Sadly I've concluded there's little point buying modern movies on disc and then storing them on your shelves. How many times do we watch a movie? Fewer than 3 times, if that. It's now easier to use the Apple TV!

• 02-26-2012 11:45 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

moxxey:
    don't bother with Blu-ray anymore. I'm now using the Apple TV for either pushing content from the iPad to the TV or renting movies. But if I do want to watch an old Blu-ray, I'll use the PS3. Sadly I've concluded there's little point buying modern movies on disc and then storing them on your shelves. How many times do we watch a movie? Fewer than 3 times, if that. It's now easier to use the Apple TV!

A good point you make I think moxxey. I can foresee the end of the DVD, but when, who can say? 

• 02-26-2012 11:57 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-19-2010
    • Corbridge, UK
    • Posts 353
    • Gold Member

Shops in the UK are now selling the last of their current units, as a new 1080P version of Apple TV is about to be launched. If only they sold the Dark Knight in HD.

Still can't wait.

• 02-26-2012 12:02 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Kokomo:

A good point you make I think moxxey. I can foresee the end of the DVD, but when, who can say? 

I'm was a strong advocate for Blu-ray as you receive a better audio experience than you will via a HD download. However, the convenience of being able to rent a HD (downloadable) movie and being able to control from your iPhone, will win through. Plus, I looked at all my Blu-rays stacked on my shelves recently and realised how few of them have been watched more than once - and they were at least £10 each. What am I trying to achieve by displaying all these old Blu-rays? I'd rather clear out clutter than collect more.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)