in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-01-2011 1:23 PM by Nickyg63. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-30-2011 11:03 AM

penta connection problems

newbie be gentle plz

have just aquired a beocenter 8500 with penta active speakers. did'nt get any instructions on how to connect the speakers i.e which lead goes where.on the base of the speakers it has powerlink 1 and powerlink 2 dins on both speakers on the beocenter it has 1x powerlink1and 1x powerlink2 dins can you tell me which goes to where. i have no other systems or speakers attached. i was told one speaker has to be set to right and one speaker to left...... but totally confused here.

also is it possible to tell me in laymans terms what the slide switches are for under the dropdown panels on the speaker bases.

sorry about all the questions.

• 11-30-2011 1:08 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Re: penta connection problems

Hi, welcome to BeoWorld!

Do you have Powerlink cables? You will need two.

You have two options here:

1) Wire each speaker directly to the BeoCenter.

2) Daisy-chain the two Pentas together and connect the Center to one of them.

Do not worry about which port corresponding to another port, they are all equal. Just plug and play!

You are correct, each speaker must be set to the appropriate channel, right or left. Once you have determined which speaker is which, simply set the L/R switch to the corresponding position of the speaker. Naturally, one will be left and the other right. The reason for this is due to the fact that each Powerlink cable carries both channels, so when you select L or R, you are effectively choosing which signal you want to hear.

Hopefully this is clear enough to get you moving. If not, get back to us!

Yes -  thumbs up

Evan

• 11-30-2011 1:13 PM In reply to

Evan:

Hi, welcome to BeoWorld!

Do you have Powerlink cables? You will need two.

You have two options here:

1) Wire each speaker directly to the BeoCenter.

2) Daisy-chain the two Pentas together and connect the Center to one of them.

Do not worry about which port corresponding to another port, they are all equal. Just plug and play!

You are correct, each speaker must be set to the appropriate channel, right or left. Once you have determined which speaker is which, simply set the L/R switch to the corresponding position of the speaker. Naturally, one will be left and the other right. The reason for this is due to the fact that each Powerlink cable carries both channels, so when you select L or R, you are effectively choosing which signal you want to hear.

Hopefully this is clear enough to get you moving. If not, get back to us!

Yes -  thumbs up

hi

thanks for your reply i will give it a shot and yes i do have powerlink cables Big Smile

• 11-30-2011 6:03 PM In reply to

all working now thankyou for your help

• 11-30-2011 10:15 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Fantastic! Always happy to help.

Smile

Evan

• 12-01-2011 1:37 AM In reply to

they are great speakers enjoy! 

Out of interest what colour are the displays? orange/yellow or green?

• 12-01-2011 5:31 AM In reply to

the displays are green

• 12-01-2011 1:23 PM In reply to

Lucky man, they are mk3's possibly the most saught after!!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)