in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-30-2011 9:28 PM by Steve2403. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-29-2011 9:24 PM

• Steve2403
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-30-2011
    • New York, USA
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Weight replacement 1900

Hello,

Does anyone know if/how the adjustable sliding weight on the Beogram 1900 can be removed in order to replace it? Mine works but has been a bit damaged.

Steve

• 11-30-2011 8:49 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Weight replacement 1900

Steve,

Welcome to Beoworld !

I seem to remember that you have to lift off the counterweight and
    then you can just lift up the upper edge of the slider window and ease it outwards.
    It holds a small lead block sitting inside the arm and this block comes out with the window.

Martin

• 11-30-2011 11:32 AM In reply to

• Steve2403
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-30-2011
    • New York, USA
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Martin,

Many thanks for your reply. Yes, it does hold a small lead block. I just wanted to make sure it is designed to be removable, which you confirm. I still have to be careful, plastic parts are the weakness of these machines, since with time it gets brittle and tends to brake.

Now I need to find the replacement part. Any idea where, besides buying a whole for-parts turntable on ebay?

Regards,

Steve

• 11-30-2011 11:58 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Steve2403:

Now I need to find the replacement part. Any idea where, besides buying a whole for-parts turntable on ebay?

Yes Whistle

There are two slightly different versions of this part, maybe you can show a photo of your part ?
    BTW. It may be the bottom edge you need to lift away from the tonearm. I'm not sure.

Martin

• 11-30-2011 9:28 PM In reply to

• Steve2403
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-30-2011
    • New York, USA
    • Posts 3
    • Bronze Member

Great! Your picture looks like the part, but I am not sure what the difference is and if it is exactly the same. I tried to insert two pictures myself and managed to get them into a Beoworld folder attached to my account, but not into this message. How does that work? Maybe the information helps that my 1900 is one of the models with a beige platter surface and no plastic knob in the middle to play 45 rpm records.

Since you seem to know these turntables very well, you may allow me another question: Something in the motor seems to make a subtle noise, in the area of the brass wheel, which is turning the other parts. It sounds like an electric current, silently, you cannot hear it when a record plays. But it is not there all the time, so I wonder if it is a sign that there is something wrong. It seems to have disappeared at times since I replaced the belt with a new one, although it does not come from the parts that are driven by the belt. Any idea?

I am having a model 1900/3400 since a while, but replaced some because of the breaking hinges. By now I know that this is inevitable and simply removed the parts holding the lid up before there was a breakage. Like this, at least I keep a good cover. Now I am trying to take care of these other issues. It is a marvelous machine.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Steve

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)