in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-29-2011 11:06 AM by claudiu. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-28-2011 2:37 AM

iPad iPhone Beolink App and multiroom control--Attention programmers/techies

Ok Programmers/ Techies.  I am completing an AV installation in a vacation property of 3 hotel suites where I would like to have Beolink App for iPad/iPhone control of the hotel units in 2 separate configurations as follows.  I have already accomplished Beo 6 control in the desired fashion,  but Beolink App integration has stumped/stymied my installers and programmers. 

2 separate configurations needed.

1.  A global program using the Beolink App for iPad/iPhone that I will personally use that gives me global access to all rooms and all sources(BeoV 10 TV,  iPort Doc,  Smart Blu Ray, Beosound 5/N music and N radio, Beosound 9000, Sonos, Apple TV 2, TVIX Slim 1, Mac Mini, Open Guest port) for all rooms. These are integrated and distributed to all rooms via an Atlona 8 x 8 matrix hdmi switcher.  When I use the property,  I open the spaces up together and they function as 1 large condo for my family to enjoy.  This one is fairly straightforward and executable. 

2. I have 3 local sources in each room of BeoV 10 TV,  iPort Doc,  Smart Blu Ray.  Hotel room guests will only have access  to these sources----the others mentioned above live in a rack in an owners closet locked away to the hotel guests.  For the Beolink App program the guests can see,  they should only be able to visualize and hence control the BeoV 10 TV,  iPort Doc,   and Smart Blu Ray.  Here I am told is the rub so to speak.

I am told by my programmers that the Beolink App in its current form/rendering will not allow this selective partitioning.  Once all the sources are in a Beolink program you cannot hide them so to speak to some users and make them available to others.  With the Beo 6 remotes I simply furnish a different remote to the guests with only the 3 sources shown.  Apparently this is not possible as the current app exists.  Can anyone suggest a solution or way around this.  I am told that a software update in the spring will address this,  but you can imagine how much confidence I have in this,  given the delays with rolling out/implementing 2 way wifi for the Beo6.  I suspect some of you have ready solutions at hand.  Advice/comments are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.  Ron 

My Beo:

Beosound 2500, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 9, Beolab 6002, Beolab 4000, Beolab 4, Beosound 9000 x3, Beosound 5, Beomaster 5 1 TB, Beosound 5 Encore, Beovision 10 46 x 3, 10 40 x 1, Beolink passive zone x 3 w/ beovox 2.  All connected via MLG and an Atlona 8 x 8 matrix HDMI switcher.  Additional non B & O sources: iPort FS-2 x4, Samsung 6700 3D Smart Blu Ray(Pandora, Netflix, Hulu plus,You Tube, many more), Dish HD DVR x2, TVIX HD Slim1, Sonos Zone player 90 (works seamlessly with Anubis.fm, AUPEO!, Deezer, iheartradio, JUKE, Last.fm, MOG, Napster®, Pandora®, Rdio®, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM™ Internet Radio, Spotify®, Stitcher SmartRadio(tm), TuneIn, Wolfgang’s Vault®, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks) , Apple TV, Mac Mini. Lutron Radio Ra 2..... Control via Beo 6, IPhone and IPad.  Yet to come...climate control, energy dashboard, vid conferencing/web cams.

• 11-28-2011 3:42 AM In reply to

Re: iPad iPhone Beolink App and multiroom control--Attention programmers/techies

You must have 1 -MLGW installed an every room.

and guests will have access to sources that are in that room .

You can have access to all mlgw with a single iPad or iPhone.

Claudiu
  • 11-29-2011 9:55 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

Re: iPad iPhone Beolink App and multiroom control--Attention programmers/techies

claudiu:
    You must have 1 -MLGW installed an every room.

and guests will have access to sources that are in that room .

You can have access to all mlgw with a single iPad or iPhone.

Claudiu

If I understand correctly then this suggestion (though it would mean more $$$) might be incorrect.  When you're adding different users in the MLGW web panel you can select what rooms they have access to.  It's simple but it sounds like that's the solution for your problem.  Just make 4 logins (Suite 1, Suite 2, etc.) and a "master" login that someone at the front desk can use for troubleshooting.

Edit: Ack nevermind ... just re-read and I got it wrong.  The way to do it with one MLGW is to create the room twice in the MLGW configuration and assign the MLN to two different products (ie. "BV10 Guest 1" and "BV10 Master 1") with one having limited source availability and the other one having "master" control of the entire system including the rack mounted products.  In earlier versions of MLGW software I know it was possible to assign the same MLN to different products within an MLGW program, but I'm not sure if this "glitch" has been resolved.  Once you've done that you'll still have to add the additional users to only give them access to the "guest" configurations and you'll have to remember when you're not using the property to change the logins on the iDevices to the "guest" login but that will work without having to spend the extra $6000 on additional MLGW's.

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 11-29-2011 11:06 AM In reply to

The idea is good ,but you can not do this without having too many conflicts.

1 -mlgw can not control more than one mastelink network .

2 -atlona network operates separately but all products must have an address for example (DVD, STB, PC, TV etc.).

There are too many products that can be controlled with one mlgw

Claudiu

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)