in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-12-2007 11:56 AM by Bouncer. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-12-2007 8:30 AM

How good is the Lutron remote reception ability?

Hi there,

I am thinking of installing the Lutron system for the lights so that I only need one remote for everything.  I understand that the Beo4 uses a very powerful IR transmission so you can practically point the remote in any direction. I wonder how good the reception of the Lutron is because it has an effect on where I can put the control box.

Thanks.

• 07-12-2007 8:54 AM In reply to

Re: How good is the Lutron remote reception ability?

The Lutron products which have the B&O option all work well with the Beo4 and have the same response as a B&O product

Regards Keith....

• 07-12-2007 8:58 AM In reply to

You may also wish to review a couple of other threads on this forum in particular the one you will find HERE

Regards Keith....

• 07-12-2007 9:16 AM In reply to

Thanks Keith. That was quick.  I now have to choose whether I can dim one of the fluorescent light 'Zone' with bigger, bulkier and more expensive transformer or just leave that zone to be undimmable to save money.

Can't wait to see the whole system up and running! Will let you know how it goes.

Vic 

• 07-12-2007 9:31 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

Keith Saunders:
    The Lutron products which have the B&O option all work well with the Beo4 and have the same response as a B&O product

Hi

I purachsed the Lutron Graffic eye for B&O a few months ago. It works with beo 4 well BUT whereas with say the LC2 you dont have to point the beo 4 with the lutron you definately have to, it will operate with about 20% variance either side of the receiver. Be aware how BIG the unit is and how deep it is, I would be careful where you mount it for reception You cannot just point gthe beo 4 in any direction!

• 07-12-2007 9:53 AM In reply to

Vic,

You can dim fluorescent lights on one or more zones provided the zone has a GRX-TVI which also requires its own power feed plus a 0-10 Volt ballast. You can connect several fluorecent tubes to one ballast provided you are within the spec of the ballast.

The costly item is the GRX-TVI which last time I purchased one was about £120

Further to the comment made about the range of the IR, one other thing which needs to be understood is that most large installations of Grafik eye also includes EGBO-4S-IR wallstations which are connected via low voltage cable to the main unit and also receive the IR signal.

It is done this way because installations can include more than one Grafik eye unit connected together which may or may not be located next to each other. So, if you find you need greater IR sensitivity, then the best way of achieving it, is to add an extra wallstations. Having said that, a grafik eye only control unit in a room around 36 square metres should be fine with a Beo4, certainly I have not had problems.

Regards Keith....

• 07-12-2007 10:19 AM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

Keith

I have a four zone GE unit in a room of 30 sq mtres and it works well. I just have to point the beo 4 in the direction of the unit to get it to respond!

• 07-12-2007 10:33 AM In reply to

In a Lutron environment you normally do not just have the main Grafik eye unit, in fact more often than not it is installed out of sight, but you do have one or more wallstations which have the IR in them. These IR's in the wall stations do allow you to point in all directions, but the main unit does not.

Regards Keith....

• 07-12-2007 11:56 AM In reply to

I think I will give the GRX-TVI a miss. The whole B&O 5.1 system is already costing me an arm and a leg.  But I am going to have 2 Lutron wall units though. One with and the other one without IR. With the tiny flat in HK, I should be ok for the IR coverage. Have to wait until September to see it complete.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)