in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-25-2011 1:48 AM by Dillen. 26 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-23-2011 5:58 PM

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Last of the Summer Wine Country, Yorkshire, UK
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

Beoworld - Facebook group

Locked Contact

I am suprised there is no facebook group for Beoworld. Would anyone mind if I created one?

Beosound 8, Beotalk 1100, Beocom 4, A8 Headphones, Form 2 Headphones, Apple iPhone 4S, iPod Classic, iPad 1, Sky+ HD, Sony Playstation 3, Jacob Jensen T10, Lutron Rania IR Dual Dimmer/ Accesory dimmer, B+O A9 Keyring (SOLD), Beolit 600 (SOLD), Apple Airport Express, Beo5

• 11-23-2011 6:30 PM In reply to

Re: Beoworld - Facebook group

Locked Contact

I personally wouldn't mind, but I'm not sure if I would join - although it's not a big secret, I don't want every casual by-surfer to find out my real identity, and i believe a lot of people think the same. I do have a lot of FB friends from here, but they are mostly the same folks who frequent the Wednesday thread.

But I think it's best to wait and see if Lee has anything to say about this.

-mika

• 11-23-2011 6:39 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Dont mind, but the response here on the forum is so fast that I dont see the need, I use FB for family and friends, my Beofriends i keep here.

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 11-23-2011 6:45 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact

Chris:

I am suprised there is no facebook group for Beoworld. Would anyone mind if I created one?

I'd clear that with Admin first. I guess one of them would want to be a Page Owner, simply so they have some control over how the brand and content is displayed.

Despite using a Facebook page for my company, I'm no fan. My assumption is the B&O demographic are unlikely to be big Facebook users.

• 11-24-2011 2:32 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Locked Contact

I avoid Facebook!
    I don't support that "no-matter-what-you-want-we-keep-all-your-personal-data-forever-Company"!

so, I highly prefer the Beoworld Forum here!

• 11-24-2011 5:00 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

I avoid Facebook and Twitter and all others of the same ilk!

Please don't pollute BeoWorld with these parasitic websites.

Regards Graham

• 11-24-2011 5:15 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

I do not really see the point... it's not like we can't communicate with each other here...

Those interested in becoming Facebook friend with other members, could just put a link to their facebook page in their signature.

p.

• 11-24-2011 5:36 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Locked Contact

I'm inclined to agree with the general feeling here.  It's pretty pointless starting a group discussion devoted to a discussion group.  It's like renting the corner of a supermarket to start a shop selling groceries.

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 11-24-2011 5:48 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

FB is free of charge and independent.

BS 1, BeoCom 2, 2x LC 2, Form 2,  BS 2, BS 3, 2x Beo 4, BS 5, BM 5, BL 5,Beo 6, BS 6, 2x A8, BV 8-40, BL 8000, 3x A9 Keyring, Serenata, BeoTime, BeoTalk 400

• 11-24-2011 6:18 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Locked Contact

alenvprekrsku:

BeoWorld is free of charge if you choose to be a Bronze Member - and it's independent from Bang & Olufsen.

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 11-24-2011 6:29 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Locked Contact

alenvprekrsku:

So is Beoworld.

I have seen what they are doing on Facebook and I don't like it either. However, many from the
    younger generation seems to care less and if you like Facebook, you are free to go there as often as you like.

I agree with the others. I can see neither the point nor the need for Beoworld to be on Facebook.
    We can discuss Facebook on Beoworld, should we then discuss Beoworld on Facebook ?

Martin

• 11-24-2011 6:37 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Last of the Summer Wine Country, Yorkshire, UK
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

Locked Contact

9 LEE:

I'm inclined to agree with the general feeling here.  It's pretty pointless starting a group discussion devoted to a discussion group.  It's like renting the corner of a supermarket to start a shop selling groceries.

Lee

Smile

I agree after reading all the comments!

Beosound 8, Beotalk 1100, Beocom 4, A8 Headphones, Form 2 Headphones, Apple iPhone 4S, iPod Classic, iPad 1, Sky+ HD, Sony Playstation 3, Jacob Jensen T10, Lutron Rania IR Dual Dimmer/ Accesory dimmer, B+O A9 Keyring (SOLD), Beolit 600 (SOLD), Apple Airport Express, Beo5

• 11-24-2011 6:44 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

There are a few B&O related groups, but not much is happening there.

The best is to follow the pages of the dealers in your region. I follow this one whose posts are very informative.

• 11-24-2011 8:46 AM In reply to

Locked Contact
    Grumpy old men!

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 11-24-2011 10:04 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Locked Contact

Have to say I completely avoided facebook until I joined a caving club and I was sucked in, mostly to recieve updates. Definately has its uses but for Beoworld I am not too sure!

Olly.

• 11-24-2011 11:22 AM In reply to

Locked Contact

Can I write here links to a free service manuals or spy pictures of B&O gear, without censorship?

BS 1, BeoCom 2, 2x LC 2, Form 2,  BS 2, BS 3, 2x Beo 4, BS 5, BM 5, BL 5,Beo 6, BS 6, 2x A8, BV 8-40, BL 8000, 3x A9 Keyring, Serenata, BeoTime, BeoTalk 400

• 11-24-2011 11:50 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Locked Contact

Spy pictures - why not ? Let's see what you have.
    As an enthusiast site, however, we are fans supporting our brand. That doesn't mean that we have to
    like everything with the B&O name on it, but we are not here to cause the company trouble or
    to air their production secrets.
    I take it you understand this ?

Manuals etc. if you want to keep Beoworld alive, no. Beoworld is only here as long as we have
    contributing, donating and paying members, it costs a lot to run a site like this and we have no
    other income.
    You are not paying anything so I wonder why you ask ? Don't you like Beoworld ?

You cannot write what you like on Facebook either. I dare say they have more censorship than Beoworld.
    We actually do very little moderation on Beoworld, thanks to our polite and
    well behaving members it's not necessary.
    Last unacceptable post I had to deal with was more than a week ago. One of your own, I believe.

Martin

• 11-24-2011 11:55 AM In reply to

• Step1
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-06-2008
    • Manchester
    • Posts 961
    • Gold Member

Locked Contact

You must NOT post any pictures unless you either have written permission from the copywright owner or they are your own work!

Olly.

• 11-24-2011 12:14 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Locked Contact

Step1:

You must NOT post any pictures unless you either have written permission from the copywright owner or they are your own work!

True.
    No different from Facebook (or anywhere else for that matter).

Martin

• 11-24-2011 1:05 PM In reply to

• rfc1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-06-2008
    • Posts 166
    • Gold Member

Locked Contact

This guy sums up my feelings about facebook.  Please do not open the link if you are under 18 years old, or easily offended.........you have been warned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkjg_bd4JDo&feature=channel_video_title

Sandy.

• 11-24-2011 2:25 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Locked Contact

I very very rarely use Facebook & only when a distant family member uses it to pass on information.

I don't like the site & certainly wouldn't be interested in a Beoworld home page.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 11-24-2011 2:26 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

j0hnbarker:
    Grumpy old men!

Laughing Laughing

yes some times we are 

now 'op it yer lill' monkey or I'll give your other ear a clip

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-24-2011 4:56 PM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Locked Contact

alenvprekrsku:

Can I write here links to a free service manuals or spy pictures of B&O gear, without censorship?

Alen, remember Beoworld is hosted in the UK. UK laws apply to Beoworld, sadly, and they are very strict regarding what you say on any forum. For example, a change in the law this January (2011) means that a user is responsible for their words and a moderator is not allowed to make edits. You can delete a post completely or add an admin disclaimer, but you must leave a users words intact. Users are legally responsible for their own opinion.

With that in mind, you are more than welcome to post spy pictures, but remember that you are 100% responsible for your words and the source of the images and, if you get this wrong, then the admin could be asked to delete your post and also pass on your IP information. ie. your post may be deleted for copyright or other reasons and Beoworld's admin wouldn't be able to prevent this.

• 11-24-2011 5:56 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Step1:

..or if they're already in the public domain...

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 11-24-2011 6:03 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Dillen:

Spy pictures - why not ? Let's see what you have.
    As an enthusiast site, however, we are fans supporting our brand. That doesn't mean that we have to
    like everything with the B&O name on it, but we are not here to cause the company trouble or
    to air their production secrets.
    I take it you understand this ?

To me, this makes Beoworld not independant from Bang & Olufsen. If they let production secrets slip, bad luck. This is an independant(?) enthusiast site, that should have no regard for Bang & Olufsen in the way we share things or comment on products, customer service, marketing, etc. We might as well all join Beolounge if this is not the case!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >