in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-24-2011 1:43 PM by chartz. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-23-2011 3:35 PM

• yachadm
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-24-2007
    • Jerusalem, Israel
    • Posts 687
    • Bronze Member

BeoCord 2200 / 1700 not FF or RW - Konig Electronic idler tire 1042.01

For years, I've had this problem on my otherwise restored BeoCord, well-known as one of the best ever made by B&O. It had a single remaining problem, where the FF or RW would operate intermittently, rotate for a few rounds, and then stop.

Drove me crazy. 

Martin supplied me with new belts, but this was not the solution for this particular problem.

It was quite obviously the main idler tire, which had worn smooth (and inflexible), and so it was not making good contact with the metal idler wheel.

Over this time, I tried many solutions, including shaving off a thin layer of the hard rubber, using Rubber Renewer, attaching a layer of electrical tape onto the rubber idler, and many other creative solutions.

Nothing worked satisfactorily.

I tried many rubber washers, also no success.

This week I received a Konig Electronic idler tire 1042.01 - not an exact size replacement (with a slightly larger diameter), but it does a damn fine job of getting the FF and RW working perfectly again.

It's the upper tire in the picture.

So, this can go into our database as an admirable replacement for the original.

Menahem

Learn from the mistakes of others - you'll not live long enough to make them all yourself!

• 11-24-2011 1:43 PM In reply to

• chartz
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2009
    • Burgundy
    • Posts 984
    • Gold Member

Re: BeoCord 2200 / 1700 not FF or RW - Konig Electronic idler tire 1042.01

Thanks for sharing this my friend!

I too have a superb, as new, Beocord 2200. No such problem but...

Jacques

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)