in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-25-2011 9:15 AM by chrisped. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-23-2011 11:43 AM

Any point in holding on to my BeoSystem 3

I've had a BeoSystem 3 hidden in a box for a while now and I am not sure if I should sell it or actually try to use it. I have a older non-professional panny panel but want to buy a new panny VT30 or the next model. My problem with my BS3 is that I am not sure if it can keep up with technology surrounding it.

My B&O components are:

BeoSystem 3 (MK1 I think), BL9s, BL3s, BL8000s, BL7.1, BeoCenter 2 DVD, BeoLink Active Kit.

Non B&O components:

Apple AE, ATV2, PS3, DVB-C PVR.

My BeoSystem 3, BL3s, BL7.1, BL8000s, Active kit are not in use.

The reason for this is that the BeoSystem 3 makes my TV picture worse. If I connect my TV directly to the source e.g. PS3 its much better. I want to buy a new panny panel e.g VT30, however is there a point in hanging on to my BS3 if it makes my panel picture worse?

By reading all the BeoSystem 3 threads here I don't see much light at the end of my tunnel. Main problems seems to be:

1) My BeoSystem 3 MK1 can't pass the signal through to the panel without tampering with it. (trying to optimize it I am sure, which is great for pro-panny panel) - hence also not allowing 3D signal pass through.

2) BS3 MK1 won't do 1024p/24fps or?

... I don't care about AST.

Would it not be possible for B&O to make a SW setting to allow signal passthrough (no tampering - maybe only HDCP check) ?

I have all the components to make a great system, but feel frustrated about the panel issue. 

Can my BS3 problems be solved? or am I just dreaming?

Filed under:
  • 11-23-2011 3:14 PM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

Re: Any point in holding on to my BeoSystem 3

I don't think there is a way to connect the tv how you want without B&O modifying the picture.

The bs3 is still a fantastic processor though.

Why not use it just for sound?

Let the tv processor do its thing and use the bs3 for surround processing?

You about be able to do all of that pretty easily with a beo6. Just program the remote to control the tv directly and use the volume to control the bs3?

I

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 11-23-2011 4:18 PM In reply to

mjmedlo:
    I don't think there is a way to connect the tv how you want without B&O modifying the picture.

The bs3 is still a fantastic processor though.

Why not use it just for sound?

Let the tv processor do its thing and use the bs3 for surround processing?

You about be able to do all of that pretty easily with a beo6. Just program the remote to control the tv directly and use the volume to control the bs3?

There are several issues with your suggestions. For starters many peripherals will only have hdmi output and not necessarily hdmi and digital audio. Secondly one of the core ideas with BS3 is that you are able to hide most of your peripherals and have them controlled by the stb controller.

I don't just want to use my BS3 for sound - that would be a waste of a lot of money. Better sell it then and buy a good DAC and a good surround receiver with pre-outs.

But the BS3 has a display output for projectors. Surely it can't be tampering with this video signal as it cannot possibly know what projector you have hooked up and therefore trying to optimize the picture for a projector would be mere guess work .. or am I wrong?

• 11-24-2011 7:21 PM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

Now that I don't know.

But.. Let me know if you want to sell it. I'd be interested in getting another one.

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 11-25-2011 9:15 AM In reply to

I know that there are a lot of BeoSystem 3 owners on beoworld.org - also a lot with non-b&o displays configured. Are there anyone who has some more input on the issues listed below?

1080p/24f possible on BS3 MKI?

HDMI/Video signal passthrough? e.g for 3D signals? could B&O make this possible through a SW update? (if they wanted to)

Are there anyone who has tried combining a BS3 and Panasonic VT30? How is the pic quality (better, worse ot same with BS3) ?

Have anyone seen the new Panasonic PF30? It should be a 3D display. This looks to take over from the PF20 - Would we see this in the BV4 soon? And could this perhaps be compatible with BS3?

What are B&O putting in the BV4 at the moment - PF12 or PF20?

Can my BS3 MKI be upgraded to MKII or MKIII and would that help?

/Christian

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)