in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-23-2011 12:35 PM by SWISS_2. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-23-2011 4:53 AM

• v6gej
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-23-2011
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Help with connecting a mp3 player into the TV sound input

Hi I wonder if any of you guys can help.

I have just moved into a place where the old owner left me most of his B & O system ( bit of a haggle on price but well pleased!)

The system comprises of a beosound 3200 and two beolab 2000's in the kitchen and bedroom. The system used to have a tv, but the owner took that.

The 2000's have  a selector button on it to select the TV sound and obviously the 3200 has one too. As the main room where the TV was located is still all wired up with the rectangler multiway connector. Is there anyway I can make a cable up that takes my L & R audio channels, and squirts it down the multiway connector and fools the system into thinking it was getting TV sound?

Any ideas on the pin out of the wiring would be appreciated

Thanks

Gary

• 11-23-2011 6:32 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Re: Help with connecting a mp3 player into the TV sound input

Welcome to the B&O Forum Beoworld!

MP3-Player to a Beosound Soundsystem:

Just buy a cable like this one from your B&O dealer:

http://www.genius-versand.de/shop/images/hama/00043/00043347abb.jpg

The DIN-Plug needs to be put in the AUX-DIN-Socket of the Beosound 3200 and the 3,5mm minijack plugs into your MP3-Player.
    Select AUX on your Beosound 3200 eh voila: You're listening to your MP3-Player or whatever source you connect via AUX on the Beosound 3200.

• 11-23-2011 6:50 AM In reply to

• v6gej
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-23-2011
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the quick response, I had looked at this option, but the cable would need to be buried in the wall if I use the AUX input, not a big deal but the Multiway connector for the TV is already buried and routed into where I want to connect upto, but the other thing is the 2000's don't have a AUX selector button, it just says radio,tv, cd or timer or are these buttons programmable and I can change the function of the TV button to select AUX?

Thanks

• 11-23-2011 12:35 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Congratulations on your new toy ! What a great gift.

Yes, you can adapt an MP3 player to this system. In fact the Beosound 3200 you have just inherited can also serve as an amplifier for your television, DVD player, computer, and other devices.

The AUX socket TWG describes is located on the back of your BS 3200. Even if it is wall-mounted, you can still access it to add an MP3 connection cable. What ever sound source you have connected to the AUX will then be piped through your system to the Beolab 2000 speakers. The buttons on the BL 2000 will also allow you to access and select:

1. RADIO: AM/FM stations. Programmed stations can be accessed with the buttons.

2. CD: The BS 3200 CD player. You can scroll through CD tracks using the buttons.

3. STORED MEMORY MUSIC: You are no doubt aware that the BS 3200 includes a hard drive for up to 399 full CD's of stored music. All can be accessed using the buttons.

4. OTHER INTERNET SOURCES: Laptop, desktop, MAC, IPAD, etc.

5. TV or other sound sources via AUX.

Which leads me to ask two questions regarding your system:

a.) Does your BS 3200 system include a BEOPORT DEVICE ?

b.) Did your system include a BEO 4, Beo 5, or Beo 6 remote control ?

It would be helpful if you can take a few photos of your system, and whatever you can observe going in, and out of your wall cavity. You can upload the photos here on BEOWORLD, which might give more clarity and allow the members to offer better suggestions to assisting you with your needs.

Keep in mind that you should examine and understand what is actually going on behind the wall, and in the wall cavity regarding and connections, especially electrical power sources. You might want to augment the system, or make changes to better suit your needs than that of the previous owner. If your wall is common wallboard (Gypsum board,etc.), that can be done quite easily, and at minor cost.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)