in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-26-2011 4:36 AM by Stoobietoo. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-22-2011 11:24 AM

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Last of the Summer Wine Country, Yorkshire, UK
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

B&O Video Connectivity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtJI1o04tSM&feature=player_embedded#!

I was watching this video earler. How on earth can you control the Miele Coffee machine with the B&O remote?

Beosound 8, Beotalk 1100, Beocom 4, A8 Headphones, Form 2 Headphones, Apple iPhone 4S, iPod Classic, iPad 1, Sky+ HD, Sony Playstation 3, Jacob Jensen T10, Lutron Rania IR Dual Dimmer/ Accesory dimmer, B+O A9 Keyring (SOLD), Beolit 600 (SOLD), Apple Airport Express, Beo5

• 11-22-2011 11:42 AM In reply to

Re: B&O Video Connectivity

Don't know the system... but if it's connected to some sort of domotica system... Why not?

I've seen crazier things being done with a (B&O) remote

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 11-22-2011 11:49 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

I've just googled Domotica and it came up with someone connect a Nespresso machine - very interesting! I guess a bean to cup machine would work very well!

Absolutely fantastic!

Beosound 8, Beotalk 1100, Beocom 4, A8 Headphones, Form 2 Headphones, Apple iPhone 4S, iPod Classic, iPad 1, Sky+ HD, Sony Playstation 3, Jacob Jensen T10, Lutron Rania IR Dual Dimmer/ Accesory dimmer, B+O A9 Keyring (SOLD), Beolit 600 (SOLD), Apple Airport Express, Beo5

• 11-22-2011 1:16 PM In reply to

As they say in the video, a MLGW (MasterLink Gateway) is needed. The MLGW is an interface between MasterLink and you Home Automation (Domotica) system.

• 11-22-2011 3:03 PM In reply to

I use a Beo4 and Beo5, this product,  some of these actuators, light switches and plug in sockets and have managed to control, lighting, curtains, blinds etc. You can use the built in "appliance modules" to control a fair number of things. The plug in sockets are very handy as they are cheap and readily available and the fancy light switches and wall sockets work well and look good as they don't look like an afterthought. I started off with the plug in sockets and am slowly replacing them. The biggest problem is B&Q have now stopped selling this range.

When I'm away, the lights come on, curtains & blinds close all automatically and via the built in timer. then in "every day mode" I have a few lights & curtais/blinds that operate on the timer and providing the Light Manager pro is in the IR range of the Beo4/5 the rest can be controlled via RF in any room in the house. So if i decide the outdoor lights need to be on I can do that from where I sit! It is fairly easy to do your self and in B&O terms, cheap as chips.

Nothing quite as elaborate as in the video but as far as the coffee maker goes, you would have to have one that has native remote control built in and accepts commands via wifi, bluetooth or some other sort of control signal interface and Masterlink Gateway must then be made compatible via programming. It is unlikely you could take any old coffee maker and control it. I think it is unlikely that Masterlink Gateway can automate processes in machines that were not built for remote control use in the first place - other than perhaps turning on/off via and actuator. I may be wrong of course!

Stoobie 

• 11-23-2011 5:39 PM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

Thanks for your post. Purely for interest I have emailed Miele (the make of the coffee machine in the video) and asked them about remote connectivity. I'm still waiting to hear!!

• 11-26-2011 1:06 AM In reply to

• akoro
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-07-2008
    • Espoo, Finland
    • Posts 88
    • Gold Member

http://www.miele-project-business.com/international/en/project_business/products/miele-at-home.aspx

Actually you can do a alot more than just coffee machine control with Miele.
  • 11-26-2011 2:09 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

Thanks for your reply. I'm guessing there hub can be controlled by a Beo5. It is fantastic technology but give it 20years and nearly everyone will have it!

• 11-26-2011 4:36 AM In reply to

akoro:
    http://www.miele-project-business.com/international/en/project_business/products/miele-at-home.aspx

Actually you can do a alot more than just coffee machine control with Miele.

It looks as if it was as I thought! some of their equipment has built in connectivity. It ll looks quite interesting.

Stoobie

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)