in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-23-2011 5:44 AM by Chris. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-22-2011 11:13 AM

Telephone haywire

Dear all,

I have been meaning to ask you for help for months now, but have unfortunately had a period of absence from the forums. I have a BeoCom 4 that was recently unplugged to move spot into a new piece of furniture I have bought. The handset tells me it has no dial tone, when all the cables are in fact connected. Is there a procedure to follow when plugging him in?

I also have two BeoCom 2s with the latest PSTN that have not been working for almost a year. The handsets do not switch on / respond in any way after leaving them on the charging dock for 24 hours. Only the younger one of the two showed a glimour of hope when I placed it on the dock for the first time; the backlight lit up and displayed the B&O logo momentarily and then returned to its dormant state.

I have not had the time to take them to my dealer, but upon mentioning this to him he says a battery change can be made on each handset for £65.00. I thought these things were fit for the bin when they died as they are an enclosed aluminium case.

Your advice would be appreciated.

• 11-22-2011 11:28 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Last of the Summer Wine Country, Yorkshire, UK
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

Re: Telephone haywire

If it has no dial tone - it sounds like there maybe a problem with the telephone socket - can you try another phone to make sure there is a dial tone?

When I bought mine it just plugged in straight away - sometimes the connectors into the 3 way block need pushing in a little more than normal.

RE: Beocom2 - not sure about those. I doubt the battery would need changing if you didnt you have any issues with them before.

Good luck!

Beosound 8, Beotalk 1100, Beocom 4, A8 Headphones, Form 2 Headphones, Apple iPhone 4S, iPod Classic, iPad 1, Sky+ HD, Sony Playstation 3, Jacob Jensen T10, Lutron Rania IR Dual Dimmer/ Accesory dimmer, B+O A9 Keyring (SOLD), Beolit 600 (SOLD), Apple Airport Express, Beo5

• 11-22-2011 1:21 PM In reply to

• valve1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-27-2009
    • Dublin Ireland
    • Posts 213
    • Gold Member

Stars:
    I also have two BeoCom 2s with the latest PSTN that have not been working for almost a year
    Rechargable batteries left uncharged long enough can die so you probably need new batteries.
    Stars:
    fit for the bin when they died as they are an enclosed aluminium case.
    I can post you a box if you are binning them :)

• 11-23-2011 5:34 AM In reply to

Thanks for contributions. Chris, the BeoCom 4 is still flashing its red LED at me.

I'll take the BeoCom 2s to my dealer for the batteries later this week if I can.

• 11-23-2011 5:44 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Last of the Summer Wine Country, Yorkshire, UK
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

Stars, I have just pulled the "line" out and it started flashing - Information - No dial tone. Very strange, do you know anyone else with a Beocom 4 you could check it with? or try the local dealer.

Beosound 8, Beotalk 1100, Beocom 4, A8 Headphones, Form 2 Headphones, Apple iPhone 4S, iPod Classic, iPad 1, Sky+ HD, Sony Playstation 3, Jacob Jensen T10, Lutron Rania IR Dual Dimmer/ Accesory dimmer, B+O A9 Keyring (SOLD), Beolit 600 (SOLD), Apple Airport Express, Beo5

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)