in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-23-2011 3:01 AM by default. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-22-2011 5:58 AM

Beocenter 7007 Turntable and Cassette Slow Problems

Hi All

Please excuse the newbi just barging in...

Recently scored a reasonable condition 7007 (w/remote and S45s!). Probelm is that its good for radio and that's about it at the moment.

Turntable is too slow. Infact, when set on 45rpm, it's almost fast enough for 33 12"s. The cassette deck is sluggish and wows worse and worse the further you get into a tape. Have replaced both turntable belt and cassette belts (supplied by BlackReel), but to avail. Next went for the speed trimmers for the turntable. These didn't seem to do too much until you hit the end of the trimmer, then it jumps to too fast. Turning them back a fraction jumps back to being too slow.

So, has anyone here seen this before? Are these common faults? I have a few years experience working a repair bench (though not consumer Hi-Fi), so not afraid to get in there for measuring, replaceing components, etc. Could these two problems be related? Common power supply issue? Are schematics/service manual available? Any ideas or knowledge already much appreicated.

Cheers

Markus

• 11-22-2011 6:48 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beocenter 7007 Turntable and Cassette Slow Problems

Markus,

Welcome to Beoworld !

Beocenter 7007 is a nice music system, a very high quality combination for its age.

It sounds like the turntable speed trimmers are bad. That's quite common to see. They will
    need replacing and readjusting. They are cheap parts but soldering etc. is needed.

The tapedeck will need a good general cleaning and lubrication to its mechanical parts, that's also common after all the years.
    I always use my own belts so I cannot comment on the ones you fitted but wow can easily be
    caused by too tight, too lose or wrong friction belts.

Martin

• 11-23-2011 3:01 AM In reply to

Re: Beocenter 7007 Turntable and Cassette Slow Problems

Thanks for the info and tips Martin.

Much appreciated.

Cheers

Markus

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)