in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-22-2011 6:47 PM by Nio. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-22-2011 1:40 AM

Apple really wants to be like B&O!!!

The following image came in an email from Apple:

And compare B&O's manual:

Maybe this was what the meeting between Tue and Apple was all about!?!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 11-22-2011 2:49 AM In reply to

Re: Apple really wants to be like B&O!!!

wrong - Apple is just copying again! 

• 11-22-2011 4:42 AM In reply to

Sleep

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 11-22-2011 4:56 AM In reply to

f5434964:

Exactly!

BS 1, BeoCom 2, 2x LC 2, Form 2,  BS 2, BS 3, 2x Beo 4, BS 5, BM 5, BL 5,Beo 6, BS 6, 2x A8, BV 8-40, BL 8000, 3x A9 Keyring, Serenata, BeoTime, BeoTalk 400

• 11-22-2011 6:39 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

f5434964:

More like their design agency. Perhaps it's the same agency?

Frankly, do you believe anyone at Apple will have even noticed? I doubt they know B&O that well. I think we're bigging up Apple's awareness of B&O.

• 11-22-2011 6:51 AM In reply to

I would say that Apple/Jobs has been very aware of B&O, and that they have copied many facets of the core business idea behind B&O, in orienting themselves towards premium price purchasers within the segment.

Jobs has owned several B&O stereo systems, and towards the end of his life enjoyed giving the BeoSound 8 as gifts, those he didn't own himself. Apple's use of design to enhance customer loyalty and willingness to pay higher prices is straight out of the B&O business plan, and his insistence upon using metal and glass (aluminium, no less), is also straight out of B&O's approach to the same. The Apple own stores come straight out of B&O's B1s, for instance.

The only difference being that Apple chose an evolutionary approach to the opportunities that presented themselves, where B&O chose to become more and more sedentary (Tue's words, not mine).

You take something that worked, and make it work again, but even better. And B&O could have done the same, of course.

• 11-22-2011 7:26 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

soundproof:

I would say that Apple/Jobs has been very aware of B&O, and that they have copied many facets of the core business idea behind B&O, in orienting themselves towards premium price purchasers within the segment.

No-one is doubting that. We know Ive is a B&O fan, too.

However, marketing is usually handled by a design agency and it could even be the same agency that did some work for B&O. We'll never really know. It's only speculation. But, yes, it's very similar!

If you look in an Apple Store there are very similar design cues from a B&O store. Difference is, like you say, Apple refined their stores, whereas the B&O stores look essentially the same as they did 10 years ago.

• 11-22-2011 8:28 AM In reply to

Sorry, it´s the other way round. The danes are copying apple. Apple is doing this kind of graphics for years advertising their black friday holiday sale. And b&o started using it for illustrating their manuals only some time ago.

.b

• 11-22-2011 8:37 AM In reply to

please don't let this turn in another Beo/Apple yes/no/first thread again... The 2 advertisements are similar. 

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 11-22-2011 8:47 AM In reply to

I don't believe its one or the other.  You could easily say they both take their design or business cues from this or that agency, designer,  business, movement and so on.  They each likely recognized in the other, likenesses and differences,  their dharma if you will.  We (the consumer) are the same....color, cost, material, performance, however we compare and contrast, etc.  For me I love them both,  for they share some common thread of elegant simplicity.  And I want them both to have powerful engines of technology in the background/ invisible to me and my family.  For B & O they must now innovate as they have always done with form while recognizing that the challenges to them with function are perhaps greater than they have ever been.  If I were B & O, I would reengineer my 'function'--tech/engineering/future watch' division,  least risk being canibalized by cheaper but very attractive products from the competition.  JMO.

My Beo:

Beosound 2500, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 9, Beolab 6002, Beolab 4000, Beolab 4, Beosound 9000 x3, Beosound 5, Beomaster 5 1 TB, Beosound 5 Encore, Beovision 10 46 x 3, 10 40 x 1, Beolink passive zone x 3 w/ beovox 2.  All connected via MLG and an Atlona 8 x 8 matrix HDMI switcher.  Additional non B & O sources: iPort FS-2 x4, Samsung 6700 3D Smart Blu Ray(Pandora, Netflix, Hulu plus,You Tube, many more), Dish HD DVR x2, TVIX HD Slim1, Sonos Zone player 90 (works seamlessly with Anubis.fm, AUPEO!, Deezer, iheartradio, JUKE, Last.fm, MOG, Napster®, Pandora®, Rdio®, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM™ Internet Radio, Spotify®, Stitcher SmartRadio(tm), TuneIn, Wolfgang’s Vault®, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks) , Apple TV, Mac Mini. Lutron Radio Ra 2..... Control via Beo 6, IPhone and IPad.  Yet to come...climate control, energy dashboard, vid conferencing/web cams.

• 11-22-2011 9:35 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Oh come on guys, I'm pretty sure Jonathan was only making a funny.

Let's enjoy the humor eh?

Evan

• 11-22-2011 5:15 PM In reply to

Evan:
    Oh come on guys, I'm pretty sure Jonathan was only making a funny.

Let's enjoy the humor eh?

Spot on Ev!! Yes -  thumbs upLaughingLaughingLaughing

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 11-22-2011 6:47 PM In reply to

• Nio
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-01-2011
    • Posts 61
    • Bronze Member

I am following a guy on tumblr, "things organized neatly" .. thats cool!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)