in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-21-2011 8:52 AM by Chris. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-20-2011 12:08 PM

Beosound 8 and iPad/iPod

I love my Beosound, but it has stopped working with my iPad and iPod. It will work with a USB -mini USB connection to my laptop, but as soon as I place the iPad or iPod onto the connector it shuts off.

I hate to return it for what cpould be something simple but I wonder if anyone can give me a hint as to what might be wrong.

Thanks

Filed under:
  • 11-20-2011 4:45 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: Beosound 8 and iPad/iPod

Welcome to BeoworldSmile

It's unfortunate that your post is the first one we have had here re:- your problem with the Beosound 8. Unless anyone else here has had the same problem & can help I would simply return it to your dealer for a warranty replacement. There have been very few (if any) problem posts on Beoworld with this product so I imagine you have simply been unlucky here.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 11-20-2011 6:40 PM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • New York, NY
    • Posts 176
    • Bronze Member

Colonelby:

I love my Beosound, but it has stopped working with my iPad and iPod. It will work with a USB -mini USB connection to my laptop, but as soon as I place the iPad or iPod onto the connector it shuts off.

I hate to return it for what cpould be something simple but I wonder if anyone can give me a hint as to what might be wrong.

Thanks

This is actually a service issue that can most of the time be solved with a software update.  It's not common but I've seen it before.  Bring it back to your dealer and they should be able to update it there.  If the software update doesn't fix it then it will need to go in for service.

Hope this helps!

Store Manager Bang & Olufsen Broadway 927 Broadway New York, NY 10010
  • 11-21-2011 8:52 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Last of the Summer Wine Country, Yorkshire, UK
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

I had exactly the same issue with mine. It just wouldnt recognise the iPad, iPhone or iPod - play or charge. I use Airport express with the system and it worked perfect through that. I took it back to B+O shop to be fixed under warranty, and its better although sometimes slow to recognise charge - i'll take it back again. i think it's more of a hardware problem than software.

Beosound 8, Beotalk 1100, Beocom 4, A8 Headphones, Form 2 Headphones, Apple iPhone 4S, iPod Classic, iPad 1, Sky+ HD, Sony Playstation 3, Jacob Jensen T10, Lutron Rania IR Dual Dimmer/ Accesory dimmer, B+O A9 Keyring (SOLD), Beolit 600 (SOLD), Apple Airport Express, Beo5

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)