in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-20-2011 2:45 PM by guidovangool. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-19-2011 4:25 PM

How to setup external IR receiver

Hello All,

I have a Beomedia connected to a Beovision 6-22 using a Scart connection. 

The Beovision 6 obviously has no PC option. 

I have connected an old style IR-receiver to the Beomedia (one from an old MCL-AV kit). Connected the 5V / ground / data to a 3.5mm plug. 

If I use a Beo4 the IR-receiver blinks shortly, so I think it receives and transmits signals. 

It seems the beomedia does not do anything with the signal. 

I tried to setup the beomedia to be able to listen to the V.AUX or V.TAPE2 commands in the setup menu. (Red - 9 - 0 - 0 - Go using a keyboard). However everytime I connect back, the options for VM and source are greyed out and set to default PC. Even when using the PC command on a Beo4, the Beomedia seems not to respond. 

(By the way, when the beomedia is connected to a BV7 with a ML cable, it works using a Beo4, but that's not my television... unfortunately)

Any suggestions on settings?

• 11-20-2011 2:45 PM In reply to

Re: How to setup external IR receiver

Solved...

ilo using L.OPT - 2 to instruct the IR eye, use V.OPT - 2; Link eye transmits to Beomedia and beomedia will be set to option 2. 

(So setting VM - 2 in the menus doesn't change the actual option for receiving commands. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)